The SL Avant-garde? Friendly, deep-thinking, creative spots?

KasiaAleksa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I'm looking for an alternative, new-thinking, avant-garde, fun spot in SL.

Somewhere creative.

I'm mostly interested in the social side of SL. Not too bothered with fancy sims or fancy avatars.

Looking for something avant-garde. Where are the SL Avant-gardeists?

I'm queer, but not necessarily looking for a queer place. Just queer-friendly, I guess. Avant garde. Avant garde...

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

dunno about the art side, but there are places to go depedning on how you define "experimental"

It's a wide definition for sure. I would loooove any recommendations, if you're willing to share!!! :~))))

13 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I am an artist in SL but I am not sure I am avant garde.

Maybe! What sort of art do you like?

Avant-garde is different for everyone. For me, an avant-garde artist is someone who strives for something different, unique, forward-thinking or unusual, or maybe someone who uses art as a way of creating healing, or communication, or fantastic visuals, or pop music with a message, or graphic design with a twist. Avant-garde can be anything, I think, but I think it's not trying to 'fit in'. I think Second Life is quite an avant-garde 'game' or platform, for example.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 8:38 PM, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

Go to the Safe Hubs.  Be careful (you must be safe at the "Safe Hubs") and find the chatty ones and listen.  Try your questions there. 

Intriguing advice. After googling safe hubs I found a location called Safe Hub and that there are lots of Safe Hubs? I'm a little confused. Can you please give me another signpost? :)

There are many.  When inworld open Search and under Places type Safe Hub. I see 4 there right now, high traffic like, over 34,600 at Nelsonia.  Consider them a variety of lost souls, newbies redirected from failed logins, bored people showing off some cool avies, street corner inciters spouting new exotic unbearable "wisdoms," and some of the wild kids of SL who liked to hang out behind the school cafeteria.  That's how it used to be.  You go find out what it is now. 

Good luck, space cadet. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 1:44 AM, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

There are many.  When inworld open Search and under Places type Safe Hub. I see 4 there right now, high traffic like, over 34,600 at Nelsonia.  Consider them a variety of lost souls, newbies redirected from failed logins, bored people showing off some cool avies, street corner inciters spouting new exotic unbearable "wisdoms," and some of the wild kids of SL who liked to hang out behind the school cafeteria.  That's how it used to be.  You go find out what it is now. 

Good luck, space cadet. 

I'll have a look. Thank you ^^

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, Rabid Cheetah said:

Do a search on Art Galleries and Art Museums.  My museum is currently closed for the most part, due to relocating to Bellessaria and remodeling there.  I did, however, put up the Magritte, which would probably appeal to Avant Garde tastes:

970580496_TheMagritte.jpg.bbdfa675966c4dac292edf58b0e13f87.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm looking more for interactive avant-garde-ness than visual art, but that could be a great place to make some connections!

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 4:23 AM, KasiaAleksa said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm looking more for interactive avant-garde-ness than visual art, but that could be a great place to make some connections!

One of my friends is working on an exhibit where you kick the art around.

2 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

One of my friends is working on an exhibit where you kick the art around.

Ah I meant interactive as in social. That sounds interesting but my interest in SL and in art is primarily on the social/musical side rather than the graphic.

Ah.  Well, that's going to be an issue.  Art just isn't as popular as back in the day, at least the last time I went to every single gallery and museum that popped up in search (about a year and a half ago).  Traffic was incredibly low everywhere I went, and I was the only person on each parcel -- even on a place with a very moving and tear-inducing exhibit about lynching.

That said, maybe art is popular once again, or will be some day.  I hope so.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, KasiaAleksa said:

Reading this, it reminded me of https://www.thegbthproject.com/. It is quite indulging on its own way, depending on the artists' potrayal. The last time I went, the scope Artefatos brought in was unique, alongside the others too (I'm not sure if its still there). Another exhibit (sorry, couldn't remember the name of the artist) brought me into a place where it felt like I was in my own calm mind, with the sound effect and all. Maybe you could give this a try😌

SLurl: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/the GBTH project/130/135/42/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SusanPoora said:

Reading this, it reminded me of https://www.thegbthproject.com/. It is quite indulging on its own way, depending on the artists' potrayal. The last time I went, the scope Artefatos brought in was unique, alongside the others too (I'm not sure if its still there). Another exhibit (sorry, couldn't remember the name of the artist) brought me into a place where it felt like I was in my own calm mind, with the sound effect and all. Maybe you could give this a try😌

This looks very cool! Thank you love!! ❤️

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 5:02 AM, SusanPoora said:

Wowzers!  They've really got their sh I mean paint together.  I'll have to check them out.  Thank you.  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, BongzieHaze said:

Greetings, 

Since my return i have started working on a sim. keep in touch. i might take a minute as it's a one woman team ATM, but i have some hopes. :)

~Amber Haze  (BongzieHaze)

Good luck!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.