Replacing a movement in an Animation Override?

speciarr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been around for a few months but I still need to learn tons, and this is one of them as I was told it was possible but wasn't told how. I bought a very cool AO bento that is perfect. Well, nearly perfect. I hate the run because it looks extremely goofy. I have another, older AO that has a good run though. Is it true that is is possible to extract that movement from the old AO and put it in the new one? If so how in the world is it done? If you have the time could you explain it as simple as possible and in "newbie" terms I would appreciate it even more because then I'd have a higher chance of understand it! 

Yup.. rezz the old AO inworld, edit it and go to the contents tab, identify the run animation, then you drag that animation from the object contents into your inventory, Next you rezz the new AO inworld (not as a HUD!), go to the contents tab again, identify the run animation, drag it into your inventory (making a backup copy), then right-click the animation in the contents tab and choose delete, After that drag the new animation (from the old AO) from your inventory to the contents tab of the new AO...

Next open the notecard in the AO inventory, (its a BENTO AO so definitely not an AKEYO) and edit the run animation from the old name to the new name

Reload the animations from the AO menu

All done

Good luck

Dargo ;)

Edited by Kardargo Adamczyk

Getting the old animation is easy and is the same thing regardless of what brand of AO you have.  Putting it into the new AO is going to be different depending on who's scripts your brand of AO uses.

OK ... extracting the old run.

1. Rez the old AO in world by dragging it from inventory and dropping it on the ground.  Leave the inventory window open.
  2. Right-click the rez'ed AO and select Edit.
  3. Switch to the Contents tab
  4. Search through the contents to find the animation file named something with RUN in the name
  5. Drag and drop the identified animation to your inventory.
  6. Close out of edit window.  Pickup the old AO.

You will need to place this animation into your new AO.  Some AO's (like Akeyo) will have a nice drag and drop feature but most of the time it will be just the reverse of getting the animation out.  Rez the new AO, edit it, drop the animation from inventory to the contents tab. While you are in there, go ahead and remove the "new run" you don't want.

After this you will most likely need to edit a notecard in the AO's contents.  Look for a Readme notecard or something that looks like instructions.  This will tell you how to edit the right notecard.  Find "new run" in the text file and replace it with "old run". 

I would also edit the name of the AO to show my own modified version but you don't have to.

Save everything, close it all up and pickup the AO rezzed in world.
Right Click and Add the modified AO from inventory

speciarr, tell us the name of your new AO

this will enable us to know which (if any) notecard format the AO uses.  There are a number of different notecard formats used by AOs.  Notecards instruct the AO script which animations to play when

knowing the AO/notecard will let us tell you how to edit the notecard to replace the walk animation

If the AO you happen to have bought is from Akeyo all you need to do is rezz the AO on the ground right click > edit mode in the contents tab find and delete the animation you don't like then drag and drop your new animation in to the contents tab and it will automatically configure no need for you to faff around with notecards 

When you're editing anything containing animations, sometimes the names can be a little obscure, not telling you exactly what kind of animation it is. You can right click an animation in an object's inventory, and then choose to open it. You'll get the small window with which you can choose to run that animation on your avatar, locally, or in-world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.