Alert: Marketplace orders messed up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This morning I got three emails, each for orders I supposedly purchased as a gift for someone I never heard of.

These don't appear in my transactions.

As a precaution I tried to process credit but my password did not work. The support person allowed me to reset my password. He said a few days ago another rep had heard of this same thing. 

I don't know if this is an issue with email or a scam but I don't see a record of my money being taken from my account.

I don't belong to any group chats and have not clicked on any links.

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I wonder if this is related...

but strange is, it's the opposite..  Pamela should check her alt to see if she been shopping :)
did read it too, and i don't get it... the system must have been really confused, or the poster was :) .. keep it on the system for now.

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but strange is, it's the opposite..  Pamela should check her alt to see if she been shopping :)
did read it too, and i don't get it... the system must have been really confused, or the poster was :)

I agree.  It's both strange and the opposite, and I don't get either one.  It just seems like there's a rodent loose in the MP software.

I did not click on the URL but it looks like it leads to a legit product, tho not one I would buy. I looked up the profile of the gift recipient and saw that her partner is a customer. Then I looked up her name in my records and she has bought several things.

How that winds up with me getting these emails (there was another a while ago) I have no clue. Oh and it’s not just the wrong email addy, it is addressed to Dear Pamela Galli.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

Well, in my case I could actually think it had to do something with my Cache and Cookies of the browser. I usually log on and off of accounts on the fly to buy stuff and that issue has never occurred to me before, without clearing out the cache and cookies.

I haven't re-tried buying stuff now, I will wait for the answer from the ticket service. It's quite frustrating, as I actually wanted most of those items so I can work on some textures and build a personal character.

Though that case indeed is weird, I seriously believe there is something wrong with the system. Though in my case I never got the purchase email to the email attached to the right account, but got the purchase email to the account the items landed on. Nothing sent as a gift.

I just filed a ticket, so I would say you should do the same, so Linden Labs is going to be aware about this issue. It's absolutely weird indeed, I seriously don't understand what is going on there,

• Like 1

This apparent scam/hack began for me back n 3/12/20 with approximately 40 unauthorized transactions so far of free or low priced market place items.  I have reported these suspicious transactions via the fraud contact number as well as filing a ticket which i was told would be escalated.   If your situation is similar to mine, these particular transactions will appear in your market place order history but not in your SL transactions.  I strongly recommend that you file a ticket and reach out to the fraud help desk/number .   https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000135214-what-to-do-if-your-account-has-been-compromised 

• Like 1

Pam, do I understand this correctly?

• You got emails indicating you purchased items
  • Your "My Marketplace" account history does not show the purchases
  • Your Dashboard Account/$L Transaction History does not show the purchases

Does your $L balance seem to have decreased?  I know this may be hard to confirm without anything in the transaction log.

If the only thing that happened was the emails, then perhaps it's not all that much of a problem?  I mean, if no money left your account, then no harm, no foul, right?  Aside from the mystery of it all...

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Pam, do I understand this correctly?

• You got emails indicating you purchased items
  • Your "My Marketplace" account history does not show the purchases
  • Your Dashboard Account/$L Transaction History does not show the purchases

Does your $L balance seem to have decreased?  I know this may be hard to confirm without anything in the transaction log.

If the only thing that happened was the emails, then perhaps it's not all that much of a problem?  I mean, if no money left your account, then no harm, no foul, right?  Aside from the mystery of it all...

That’s all correct. No sign of missing money that I can tell. It does mean something in their software is pretty screwed up, tho. 

Edited by Pamela Galli

• Lindens

Alright, we believe the issue is fixed and shouldn't happen anymore. Sorry all for the scare. 

These were not due to any security issue, so please rest assured that your accounts are safe.  We have fixed the database associations, so items can now be redelivered to the proper accounts if needed. If you have questions on any individual accounts, please file a support ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.