Deploy Plans for the week of 2020-02-10

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

All well and good, Caleb.  So do we now assume that regions are no longer to be restarted at 10day intervals as they have been for a considerable time?  I ask since my homestead, Woods of Heaven has not been restarted now for over 13 days...to be more accurate 13 days 20 hours and 20 minutes and counting.

Maybe you no longer think it is a good thing to turn things off and back on again  regularly? 😟

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 1

You have a sim that doesn't just crash on it's own pretty much daily? That's pretty awesome. Between sim crashes, region crossing failures, TP failures with disconnects, horrible performance, it's amazing we can do anything at all anymore in SL. But we have Animesh! And BOM! LL, please focus on stability and performance. Features are useless when you can't login. Like right now.

I agree. and I hope SL do the restarts at least a 7 days since region is running. due to Boring Teleport/Region Crossing Disconnects that devalues the SL's sailing/driving and flight simulation experience. in Server Simulator Restarts take place in Tuesday and in Wednesday Restarts take place in RC Server in regular basis. as linden planned.

2 hours ago, Kardargo Adamczyk said:

As far as i know there never was a 10 days interval. region restarts when there is no roll should happen when the region has been up for longer then 10 days, so that can be up to 14 days, the restarts should happen on roll day.

It is tuesday, and tuesday is roll day, but they dont have code to roll, as they had not last week. So please restart anyway.

They sim i live is on its knees after: 12 days 15 hours unrestarted.

I fear a desater as in december where the sim was unavailable for days.

16 hours ago, Aishagain said:

All well and good, Caleb.  So do we now assume that regions are no longer to be restarted at 10day intervals as they have been for a considerable time?  I ask since my homestead, Woods of Heaven has not been restarted now for over 13 days...to be more accurate 13 days 20 hours and 20 minutes and counting.

Maybe you no longer think it is a good thing to turn things off and back on again  regularly? 😟

Yep, Nuggy hasn't been restarted since the 26th January.

[EDIT] Uh-oh it's going to be restarted now (6:44 SLT)

Edited by MBeatrix
adding info

@Kardargo Adamczyk: LL moved from 14 to a 10 day restart cycle (when there were no rolls) last year, as far as I recall, but since my region was restarted a few minutes ago, it would appear that they have reverted to 14.

Also restarts occurred outside of the usual times, so I assume they were automated.  Looks like that has been abandoned as well.

No matter so long as the regions come up again in a timely manner with all capabilities functional.

We wait and see.

Edited by Aishagain

My region has been resarted twice today by LL and once by me before hand and the server code has been changed to :- Second Life Server 2020-01-23T00:43:42.53512

it was :-  Second Life Server 2020-02-05T22:16:31.536040 ?

I did have problems with the region crashing one or twice a week and LL moved it to another server last week, not sure whats going on.

Edited by Phoebe Avro

• Lindens

Hey Phoebe, that's my fault. We smudged things copying from the deploy schedule we use to the actual set of instructions for the roll and I didn't catch it, so we started rolling some of the regions that we meant to only restart today. We realized it fairly early on in the process and rolled them back to the version they were on before (535128). (Edited to add) At the end of today's rolls if you were on version 535702 last week you should be on version 536040 this week, and if you were on 535128 you should still be on that version. If that's not the case, please post your region name and we can take a look at it.

Edited by Mazidox Linden
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Mazidox Linden said:

Hey Phoebe, that's my fault. We smudged things copying from the deploy schedule we use to the actual set of instructions for the roll and I didn't catch it, so we started rolling some of the regions that we meant to only restart today. We realized it fairly early on in the process and rolled them back to the version they were on before (535128). If you were on version 535702 last week you should be on version 536040 this week, and if you were on 535128 you should still be on that version. If that's not the case, please post your region name and we can take a look at it.

I don't recall what I was on last week sorry. Region is called End of Days

Is my region now on a RC server ?

Edited by Phoebe Avro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.