Dont have a option to touch anything its greyed out

Vec97

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I am using the Firestorm viewer and have a the problem that I cant click on touch or touch any of my items around me. I tried to reset all scripts, turned RLV on and Off, reinstalled the Viewer but still my Touch option is greyed out. I even removed everything and reequipped my stuff. Still not working. I have no Idea why. I bought one mask and I can ONLY open the touch menu there. Reset the scripts too but its still.. not.. working. I need help to fix that. I have no Idea what do to next.

17 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Vec97 said:

I bought one mask and I can ONLY open the touch menu there.

That sounds like the mask manages to invisibly attach itself to a HUD spot, getting in your way of touching other items on screen. 
Of course, I could be wrong, but it rather stands out that you mention the mask and nothing else.

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Did you read that other thread, @Vec97?  That person found that the problem fixed itself spontaneously.  We still don't know why.

Even so, you might try the things we suggested in that thread.  You never know!

Tried the things you all suggested there with no success.

59 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

That sounds like the mask manages to invisibly attach itself to a HUD spot, getting in your way of touching other items on screen. 
Of course, I could be wrong, but it rather stands out that you mention the mask and nothing else.

I cant even touch things inside my normal inventory. So this is a good Idea but not the problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I assume you're using the latest version of Firestorm, right?

It's starting to sound a lot like just general network problems.

I reinstalled it with the newest version and cleared my cache. And what do you mean mit general network problems? I cant touch something on my Avatar and not in the Inventory. I was on several locations ingame and removed and reequipped stuff.

1 hour ago, Vec97 said:

removed and reequipped stuff

Just curious as to whether "reequipped" means you got a new copy of the item (either a new copy from the original box or a re-delivery)?  

I'm asking because I remember seeing posts where something happened (like an unusual viewer crash) and the scripts in an item or HUD stopped working. To fix it, they had to get a new copy of the item. 

Did anything out of the ordinary happen right before you noticed this problem of things not responding / not being able to be touched ?

11 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Just curious as to whether "reequipped" means you got a new copy of the item (either a new copy from the original box or a re-delivery)?  

I'm asking because I remember seeing posts where something happened (like an unusual viewer crash) and the scripts in an item or HUD stopped working. To fix it, they had to get a new copy of the item. 

Did anything out of the ordinary happen right before you noticed this problem of things not responding / not being able to be touched ?

I cant get a redelivery for every item. I am not sure but I think that problem appeared after I teleported alot from location to location. And to your first question, I removed everything on my Avatar, even my Body and "reequipped" everything one after another.

So I got the redelivery from the Item I can get one. Its working now but everything else I have which doesnt have that cant be touched or isnt working. No animations or the scripts from it. Soo.. many L are gone now. Thanks to you @moirakathleenfor bringing the idea up with the redilivery. But maybe we can figure out what caused that!

• Like 1

When you are wearing scripted items, and crash, in some cases it breaks those items.  When that happens, you need to get a new item.  You can do this by buying another one, getting a re-delivery, or if you were foresighted, by rezzing a fresh copy from a backup in your inventory.

For expensive scripted items, it's a really good idea to create and store a backup!

It is a good idea to keep a copy of everything you buy. I keep the original package and I also don't use the item I unpacked. I use a copy. A number of times I have deleted an item and made a new copy from the original.

If the items are Mod-OK you can select them and Restart Scripts. I edit the item and then from the top of screen Build menu I click Scripts->Restart.

If the items are No-Mod, you have to make a new copy form a backup or get redelivery.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.