Genus Pros & Cons?

Armani223

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:30 PM, Maitimo said:

Even if the DMCA is genuine, it doesn't necessarily mean that their business is done with. It might be something as simple as a script,  in which case they would need to do is replace those, and then they could carry on with business as usual. But even doing that might take time. 

OFF TOPIC:   I'm sorry to go off topic for a bit but if it's a script or something else...perhaps a portion could be allocated to the person who may claim a right to an original part.  It is very easy to allocate a portion of money to someone else besides the main seller through a script which allows a certain portion of money per each sale of anything in SL to go to another person whether it's on Marketplace or inworld and even Gachas inworld on the machine can automatically send a portion of money to another person. 

This is entirely off topic...sorry...just an FYI kind of post.

I hope all is settled soon as it appears some need support.   I don't own Genus heads currently but did have Genus Classic on my radar as one I might like to buy.  

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Huh. That certainly should be the most recent version, which dates to mid-March, I think.

Does it sort of randomly start playing? Or is it there when you put on a new outfit? (The latter was my case.)

Randomly happens. My face ends up stuck in the smiling then for hours!

3 minutes ago, LavenderCherie said:

That's just weird, then. I can't even guess what the problem is.

What I'd do, I think, is take a redelivery of the head, set up a copy of the new head, HUDs, and so forth in a separate folder, and then use the "Find and Replace" feature in Firestorm to replace existing copies of the head and HUDs with the new one. It sounds to me as though either the HUD or the head on the copy you're using now is "broken."

Alternately, take it up with the Genus group, if you're a member? They're a pretty helpful bunch of people, and they may have an easier fix.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's just weird, then. I can't even guess what the problem is.

What I'd do, I think, is take a redelivery of the head, set up a copy of the new head, HUDs, and so forth in a separate folder, and then use the "Find and Replace" feature in Firestorm to replace existing copies of the head and HUDs with the new one. It sounds to me as though either the HUD or the head on the copy you're using now is "broken."

Alternately, take it up with the Genus group, if you're a member? They're a pretty helpful bunch of people, and they may have an easier fix.

Redeliveries aren't working at the moment... looks like I'll be stuck with a wide-eyed forced closed mouth expression. Thanks for trying to help!

1 minute ago, LavenderCherie said:

Redeliveries aren't working at the moment... looks like I'll be stuck with a wide-eyed forced closed mouth expression. Thanks for trying to help!

Oh, damn. Of course, they wouldn't be.

What about unpacking your original copy from its box, and starting from scratch? I'm pretty sure that the problem you're experiencing must have started at some point after you set it up, or everyone else would be experiencing it as well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LavenderCherie said:

Randomly happens...anywhere...everywhere?  However, *if* you are in one particular region ONLY though...go to a sandbox...Builder's Brewery or another sandbox that is NOT busy so you can see if it's the region you are in.  There may be something you can do which is a character test but that is a little complicated at this time to explain.  To simplify things rather than a character test at this time, is to put on another avatar and then re-build you avatar with a fresh head as Scylla has recommended.  

I've noticed and experienced that SL and the internet in general is a little "wonky" right now as it has so many more people with "safer at home" situations.  I'd be patient with it at this time and wait a bit to see if it settles down or try different low lag regions such as sandboxes that aren't too busy to see if it settles down or not.  The reason I say a sandbox is because you will need to go to a place that allows scripts to be run and sandboxes allow scripts to be run.   Many sims don't allow scripts to be run.  

Edited by FairreLilette

• 2 months later...

Apologies for dredging this back up hadn't seen it mentioned, now that Genus is up and running again they have the "Strong" gift head that was available through group notices in their mainstore free if anyone missed it, but requires a group join there is a free applier too

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Apologies for dredging this back up hadn't seen it mentioned, now that Genus is up and running again they have the "Strong" gift head that was available through group notices in their mainstore free if anyone missed it, but requires a group join there is a free applier too

Just to add, that the other Genus head's are currently on sale for L$3300. make sure you have the Genus group tag active

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
added stuff
  • Like 2

I just found out myself only a few minutes ago they were back up..

This is the best news.. I've been dying to get the strong 2 head since it came out.. I paused at first and then when I went to go get it had found out the store was temporarily closed, which was the first day it closed..

So I missed it by a day.. Now it's going to be waiting until traffic cools down..Because wow is it packed there now..hehehehe

But that's a really good thing..

it's a good day 😃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just found out myself only a few minutes ago they were back up..

This is the best news.. I've been dying to get the strong 2 head since it came out.. I paused at first and then when I went to go get it had found out the store was temporarily closed, which was the first day it closed..

So I missed it by a day.. Now it's going to be waiting until traffic cools down..Because wow is it packed there now..hehehehe

But that's a really good thing..

it's a good day 😃

Stores been packed ever since it opened yesterday. So it's probably going to be a while. till things calm down again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

Stores been packed ever since it opened yesterday. So it's probably going to be a while. till things calm down again

I've waited this long, I'll be fine waiting some more..

So many people have been waiting that didn't even have heads yet and wanting to get in there..

I'm just so glad to see them back up and running :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've waited this long, I'll be fine waiting some more..

So many people have been waiting that didn't even have heads yet and wanting to get in there..

I'm just so glad to see them back up and running 😃

I just need a re delivery, but for now, I'm going to wait untill the new updates go live

• Like 1

Just now, MiakisTheUsagi said:

I just need a re delivery, but for now, I'm going to wait untill the new updates go live

They had just said something about the redeliver in the group..Something about updates not being out yet and to use the re-delivery for only tech issues for now..

Something like that..

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They had just said something about the redeliver in the group..Something about updates not being out yet and to use the re-delivery for only tech issues for now..

Something like that..

They actually only fixed re deliveries a hour or so ago, so it might not still be working for everyone

• Like 1

I don't know if i got lucky or if the limit on the sim is set to a pretty high number..

There were 66 when I decided just to see what would happen using my landmark and got in on the first try..got my head I wanted and plus grabbed a couple of demos from the 002 series..

it took about 5 minutes altogether..

A lot of that probably had to do with me knowing right where everything is that i wanted and I wasn't trying stuff on there..

I'm sure if I was there for the first time or just trying on demos, it would probably be a bit rougher..

I like to hit the ground running if I can hehehehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.