Release and catch, or straight to maintenance?

BadDog Rumble

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering how things have worked out for anyone that has nailed a perfect Victorian parcel with their alt, and wanted their "regular" avatar to try and get the parcel? I know for awhile there was a lot of abandoning and then catching the same parcel with the next attempt, I speak from experience on that one...Now that it looks like there are no Vics available at this time, just trads, houseboats and campers, are they still sticking some on maintenance or are they appearing up for grabs upon abandoning? I have exactly what I was looking for, but got lucky with the alt I paid a premium for a month with instead of BadDog!

Obviously timing would come into play if I abandon and try to catch it, so many are still house hunting...But if they jam it up in maintenance then it is a losing proposition, I would rather not keep this alt for the rest of my SL but I want his parcel!

There will be another large release of Victorian houses sometime in January, Patch had stated. If that is still on schedule and you are wanting a Vic on your main, I'd try then and hope you land another nice location.  The odds are going to be very difficult for a smooth transfer from your alt to your main. The odds stacked against you landing it. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have tried and failed, I have tried (with another person) and it worked once. Maybe someone can suggest tricks to help you succeed.

Having the land page open and the details filled in is a must. I have heard that if there is a house type like the Victorian up (not your Victorian) you can choose it, fill in a name, go to the next page, and stay there an hour, do not touch the page. Then release the alt's Victorian, and then, you click accept.

We have tried that too, and it did not work.

I will not say you shouldn't try. I hear it worked for many. You can always keep trying to catch abandons with BadDog. I have seen people post perfect abandons they have got.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

There will be another large release of Victorian houses sometime in January, Patch had stated. If that is still on schedule and you are wanting a Vic on your main, I'd try then and hope you land another nice location.  The odds are going to be very difficult for a smooth transfer from your alt to your main. The odds stacked against you landing it. ☹️

Is there another Bellisseria? I think all of the Victorian regions (so far) have been released 

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:
8 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Is there another Bellisseria? I think all of the Victorian regions (so far) have been released 

Patch said that there would be no more releases until 2020, but he never stated what types of homes will be released.  As far as I know, the only regions that we have visibility to that have not yet been released are the ones on the southern end of the original portion of Bellisseria -- the ones still named SSPEnnn and possibly a few named surrounding regions - and some of the new houseboat groupings.  I don't think there are any Victorian regions - that we can see - that have not yet been released.

• Like 2

I let a parcel go in Baxter a few days ago when there were no more Victorians showing up on the page.  It took over 1 hour or maybe even longer for someone to get it.  I didn't stand there the whole time but i did go back and forth and check.

Personally I wouldn't chance trying to catch a parcel I absolutely loved on my main by having my alt release it.  I think the odds were better when there were less houses.  I also have a traditional on one of my alts and I couldn't ask for a better parcel.  There is only 5 houses in the region along with other pros that I totally love, so there is no way I am giving this one up.   So I will just buck up and pay for that alt so that I can just keep it. 

The nice thing too about having your alt own your favorite is that you only need to bring them out to change the type of house.  There is less chance for me to abandon the parcel by accident, cause I do go into parcel details to count prims, etc. while on my main.

The only parcels I get back over and over again are the ones that aren't working for me! 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch said that there would be no more releases until 2020, but he never stated what types of homes will be released.  As far as I know, the only regions that we have visibility to that have not yet been released are the ones on the southern end of the original portion of Bellisseria -- the ones still named SSPEnnn and possibly a few named surrounding regions - and some of the new houseboat groupings.  I don't think there are any Victorian regions - that we can see - that have not yet been released.

Thank you for clarifying that Jewell. Perhaps with all the various large releases of homes, I had the concept that Victorians would be included in the releases coming in January. I guess we wait to see what the new year brings us in homes and themes. :)

Yesterday I decided to try catch and release for my main with a traditional house I got in Conger Reef with one of my alts.  It's not my #1 favorite one, but it is pretty high up there and it is the type of parcel I wanted my main to have and I want to retire that alt when the premium is up on it next week.  I'll be darned if it didn't work and my main was able to catch it.  However it could have easily gone the other way, I was just lucky that the house didn't sit in maintenance.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.