Jump to content

Question

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 minute ago, GabrielleVanDerMalle said:

can you stop someone from following you?

Following you in what context?

(Since its almost bedtime I won't say just run faster)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, GabrielleVanDerMalle said:

my profile

For your web profile - click Privacy and then use the "Follow Info".  

For these forums, possibly if you blocked the person, they might not be able to follow you.  Not sure about that, but I may test it with an alt after work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Update on my previous comment, similar to inworld blocking of someone, ignoring someone here on the forums only impacts what I see.  They can still follow me and I can still see them in the list of people that are following me. 

Hopefully, Gabrielle was talking about the following of the feed on the web profile and the Privacy settings do deal with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Update on my previous comment, similar to inworld blocking of someone, ignoring someone here on the forums only impacts what I see.  They can still follow me and I can still see them in the list of people that are following me. 

Hopefully, Gabrielle was talking about the following of the feed on the web profile and the Privacy settings do deal with that

Nope. When you block on forums, etc., you are putting on a blindfold; you don't blindfold the other person. As for your feed and the rest, nope. They can still se it and follow you, etc. Blocking only affects you, not the the others. I know what you're thinking: better if done the way Flickr does it: if you block someone they can still look at your photo stream, but they cannot follow you, etc.

But in SL, blocking only ever affects you except in one case: they cannot buy anything from your Market Place if you have one. Otherwise, they have access to everything else about you. (Sending inventory and all that stuff is so you don't see it; it's not to block them.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Nope. When you block on forums, etc., you are putting on a blindfold; you don't blindfold the other person. As for your feed and the rest, nope. They can still se it and follow you, etc. Blocking only affects you, not the the others. I know what you're thinking: better if done the way Flickr does it: if you block someone they can still look at your photo stream, but they cannot follow you, etc.

But in SL, blocking only ever affects you except in one case: they cannot buy anything from your Market Place if you have one. Otherwise, they have access to everything else about you. (Sending inventory and all that stuff is so you don't see it; it's not to block them.)

Correct on the inworld blocking and Forum blocking/ignore and mostly correct on the Web Profile Feed.

For your SL web profile, while you cannot stop anyone from seeing it, you can prevent them from actually "Following" the Feed - clicking the Follow button.  On the Privacy settings, there is a control for who can Follow you.  It doesn't prevent them from seeing the feed, so not quite sure what the "follow" actually does - maybe if you follow someone then you get notifications if they post something on their feed.  All I know is that an alt that is not on my Friends list does not get the Follow button when looking at my web profile.

image.png.832a611fb83027afe6afcf405805c953.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It doesn't prevent them from seeing the feed, so not quite sure what the "follow" actually does - maybe if you follow someone then you get notifications if they post something on their feed. 

When you follow a feed, their posts tho their own feed will appear in your feed. :) All it does is allow you to see their feed posts without going to their feed, so, technically, you may be blocking them, but it doesn't hide you from them. That same is true on the Flickr model also. I think it would be an entirely different feature by definition, rather than block you, what I would want is to hide from you, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This is also a good thing to understand when it comes to voice applications as well too. It will also save you from being clowned 20 years later down the road too. lol Reading this thread reminded me of a funny situation on TeamSpeak back in the day where a friend blocked and muted the guy thinking he couldn't hear him if he did that. Before we knew it or we all could even stop him he blurts over voice, "Man that is better. That dude was getting on my nerves. I mean some people just don't know when to shut the F. up.". Lmao!!!!🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...