Marketing Research

LouisGreat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I'm doing a market research and the question is "What is needed" or "What sl needs more currently"?

1- More stores (fashion women )

2- More stores (fashion Men)

3- Cheap Rentals (economic accommodation )

4- High quality rentals (salty but unique luxury rentals)

5- Hotels

6- Shopping Malls 

7- Job or Advertisement Agencies (adBoards)

8- Adult Clubs (unique services)

Looking forward for your votes,

Best Regards

16 minutes ago, LouisGreat said:

Hello all,

I'm doing a market research and the question is "What is needed" or "What sl needs more currently"?

5- Hotels

6- Shopping Malls 

Best Regards

9.  Something new and completely different and more exciting than all above.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LouisGreat said:

Hello all,

5- Hotels

6- Shopping Malls 

Best Regards

all no, except 2 but ONLY quality and original design, there are enough tracksuits, sneakers and tattoos

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 5

Of your list, I would say only number 2, with the qualifier of "better quality"-I'm not a man, but fairly certain they need more stuff...they always have, that market has never been very good. 

Otherwise a MASSIVE NO to every other one, all of which we have more than we need, way, way, way, way, way, way, way more than we'll ever need 

How about you come up with something new like others have mentioned. I'm sure you can come up with great ideas :)

Edited by Tari Landar
needed more ways
  • Like 2

I echo the above thoughts - from your list only #2 is needed and only if it is different items and better quality than what is already out there. 

The other thing that is needed, IMO, is home furnishings & landscaping items that are high quality (good LOD) and low LI.  I know such is possible because there are a few creators that manage to do it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

the tinker home builder needs more mesh kits with pieces that are sized and styled to integrate coherently as a home building set

there are doors, windows, orbels, arches, mouldings, panels, pillars, roofs, ceilings, steps, stairs, pipes and guttering, and so on, which we can get. At the moment, most pieces are made independently and come in various shapes and sizes. And it can be quite difficult to find pieces that work together in a coherent styling design as the tinker  home builder envisages. Is kinda doable with what is curently available,  but as tinker home builders we do also have to  compromise and fudge a wee bit, due to unavailability, more than I would personally like

a tinker home builder is person who likes building inworld and tinkers to make stuff for their own use. Knows how to build with prims and uses mesh pieces to supplement their builds, treating mesh as a more detailed version of a prim

a thing with many of the currently available mesh pieces is that they only have one face. A texture map is provided and we have to re-texture in an external editor. This too is doable, and some people are ok with having to do this, but it is antithetical to the tinker home builder with a prim-building skill set. Rez a prim. Cut and size it and then texture. Orienting and sizing the texture on each face

a simple example of this is a door frame.  One face.  When we apply a wood grain texture to this as we would to a prim, the grain has the same orientation on the jamb and lintel. Which does not look good.  To remedy this then we are out of the inworld and into an external program. When what the tinker home builder would like is at least a face for the lintel and a second face for the jamb

there are some door frames available that do have at least 2 faces, ideally though for the tinker home builder there are 6 faces on the door frame.  Exterior face for jamb,  Exterior face for lintel. Interior face for jamb, interior face for lintel. The outside edge of the door frame with its own face, and same with the inside edge. So that when we paint the door frame then we can easily paint this inworld differently for the room/space on each side

is the same with pretty much everything mesh for the tinker home builder. More faces on a mesh piece is easier/simpler/better to work with inworld than less faces

there is a technical rendering performance reason for why professional commercial builders only use one face, and I am not going to get into this here myself. I just point out that the tinker home builders are not  building stuff for the commercial market

they/we just want to make their own homes on their parcels using mesh pieces in the same way they do it with prims. They/we want to buy mesh kits that fit together with some element of coherency. And most importantly, work for us in the same way that prims do

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.