Odd Gemini CDS behavior

Kirey Rang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Shansi Kenin said:

If my memory serves me right from reading NWN,  CDS  was somehow related to the founder of InSilico who was politely nudged by the lab to take an extended vacation from the grid a few years back?

I don't think so. Insilico was "saved" in 2016, according to NWN. And I'm pretty sure Ash Qin has never been involved with InSilico. 

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2015/05/insilico-drax-files.html

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2016/12/insilico-second-life-sim.html

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GEMINI-CDS-301-April-2016/8908528

Insilico is still on the grid.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't think so. Insilico was "saved" in 2016, according to NWN. And I'm pretty sure Ash Qin has never been involved with InSilico. 

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2015/05/insilico-drax-files.html

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2016/12/insilico-second-life-sim.html

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GEMINI-CDS-301-April-2016/8908528

Insilico is still on the grid.

I think you might be missing a few things... some breadcrumbs from the comments and links elsewhere

As a disclaimer I am only trying to help the OP get more information and i could be wrong of any connection for possible secondary support .information provided was for possible customer support for the OP  regarding CDS to help resolve a possible technical issue.

Edited by Shansi Kenin
Disclaimer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shansi Kenin said:

I think you might be missing a few things... some breadcrumbs from the comments and links elsewhere

As a disclaimer I am only trying to help the OP get more information and i could be wrong of any connection for possible secondary support .information provided was for possible customer support for the OP  regarding CDS to help resolve a possible technical issue.

Skills is not the evil people try to make her be.

In Skill's own words:

CDS was about raising awareness and getting ignorant people off bad viewers, and i guess it worked. When was the last time you heard about a copybot scandal? For the past few years i have been unlisting many people who got caught in 2010 and contacted me about it, because a lot of Linden water has passed under the bridge now. I still regret that my beta script was leaked, which was used by zFire Xue and others to create Redzone and other griefing tools. Ash, the other creator of CDS told me he is interested in taking over the system, so it might be continued as well, maybe even free.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I have no opinion one way or the other ...I just wanted to expand the OP information to better understand what it is they might be dealing with in regards to CDS.

• Like 1

Anytime I hear about this system, it's because someone got banned from everywhere and the seller was then aggressive when contacted about it because the system couldn't possibly be wrong. Your best bet is to be as polite as you possibly can, avoid going into details (so just that you came back after an absence and were banned), and do not get provoked no matter what is said to you. Do not express any dislike for the system, frustration for being banned, or anything that could be taken as a criticism of the system. Just stick to being banned and say you use Firestorm if asked about viewers.

It's difficult to get taken off the list and the only people who seem to manage it are those who never say anything that could possibly be taken as an attack on the system. You have to be politer than anyone in the history of politeness. It's not fair, but that's how the seller rolls.

As to why it might have flagged you, do make sure you have the latest version of the viewer. That's about the only thing I can think that might do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shansi Kenin said:

If my memory serves me right from reading NWN,  CDS  was somehow related to the founder of InSilico who was politely nudged by the lab to take an extended vacation from the grid a few years back?

I'm not sure about the nudging part, but I too recall CDS being somehow wrapped up with Insilico back when it was a thing. It was my impression that the only reason CDS was allowed to continue inflicting drama on the grid was because it helped support Insilico, which the Lab seemed to consider a showcase of dystopian cyber something-or-other back then.

I suspect the details can be found wherever SLuniverse is archived, including many self-congratulatory posts by all involved.

• Like 1

The system shouldn't be flagging anyone, it shouldn't even be in use today,  it should have been removed from the grid entirely and disallowed-it's such an odd product and offers the perfect breeding ground for drama. I honestly don't care one iota about who created it, who perpetuated it, or who keeps it going today-not knocking them as people, they very well may be lovely folks in all other aspects. In this aspect, however, they're off their ever loving rockers, if they want folks to believe the system is somehow helpful or for the good of landowners. I was born at night...it wasn't last night. 

It is literally no different than land owners sharing their personal ban lists, with or without explanation for the ban. People will say it's to help other landowners, and I'm still convinced it's just their own brand of drama, lol. It really serves no good purpose today (I'm not convinced it ever did anyway).

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm not sure about the nudging part, but I too recall CDS being somehow wrapped up with Insilico back when it was a thing. It was my impression that the only reason CDS was allowed to continue inflicting drama on the grid was because it helped support Insilico, which the Lab seemed to consider a showcase of dystopian cyber something-or-other back then.

I suspect the details can be found wherever SLuniverse is archived, including many self-congratulatory posts by all involved.

Last I heard Cristiano was having a couple of major problems with getting SLU archived so it may never happen. As long as it has been, I think he has given up on it. Which is a shame. There was over a decade's worth of useful information on SLU.

• Thanks 1

The bit you quoted there, Silent, is what is known as spin.

No system of the CDS or RedZone type should be on the Grid - period.

Networked with the ability to copy the lists of other users? Sure. Client/Viewer detection of any kind? Hard no, same with a backend database managed by the creator.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's not how it works. We can reply however we like. Why would you preemptively try to prevent negative responses? That makes no sense. 

I am sorry I don't think I said "Don't reply if you want to criticize me or post negative responses".

16 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Anytime I hear about this system, it's because someone got banned from everywhere and the seller was then aggressive when contacted about it because the system couldn't possibly be wrong. Your best bet is to be as polite as you possibly can, avoid going into details (so just that you came back after an absence and were banned), and do not get provoked no matter what is said to you. Do not express any dislike for the system, frustration for being banned, or anything that could be taken as a criticism of the system. Just stick to being banned and say you use Firestorm if asked about viewers.

It's difficult to get taken off the list and the only people who seem to manage it are those who never say anything that could possibly be taken as an attack on the system. You have to be politer than anyone in the history of politeness. It's not fair, but that's how the seller rolls.

As to why it might have flagged you, do make sure you have the latest version of the viewer. That's about the only thing I can think that might do it.

I always try to be as much polite and respectful I can but I think I have the right to be threated as well, I think I finally understood Skills blame me and some friends for her ban (which is an insane claim) and thought it was fine to add me to this system database.

16 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

In Skill's own words:

Erhm I am sorry but copybotting is still quite the issue, my friends have their stuff stolen regularly and aren't even selling those, ask Julia Faulkland if coybotting isnt an issue anymore.

There were ways of detecting client channels prior to 2012, but CDS could never manage to do that, it's a scam simple as that.

Oh and a system to grief people over personal issues.

18 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

In Skill's own words:

I am not frustrated as some tried to presume nor I have hatred toward anybody, I am just speaking my mind, but when it comes to fact there's little to do.

We may have different opinions toward an individual, but here are are some proof Insilico has been a monument to content ripping for years

https://ifritskytower.tumblr.com/post/142147116770/higher-resolution-images-1-2-3-desecration-of-a

Even the first edition of the sim, original Insilico, had many ripped textures of famous games.

We all have our downs and often fall to the dark side, but some just love the life of the black sheep/bad guy because apparently they find  it to be cool

Some history: https://secondlife.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wrong_Hands 

P.s.: I think we went off topic here.

9 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

No system of the CDS or RedZone type should be on the Grid - period.

Networked with the ability to copy the lists of other users? Sure. Client/Viewer detection of any kind? Hard no, same with a backend database managed by the creator.

Funny thing that. I was part of the people who fought to get RedZone and CDS off the grid.

Those last two tings, in my book, are a huge, hard no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirey Rang said:

Erhm I am sorry but copybotting is still quite the issue, my friends have their stuff stolen regularly and aren't even selling those, ask Julia Faulkland if coybotting isnt an issue anymore.

There were ways of detecting client channels prior to 2012, but CDS could never manage to do that, it's a scam simple as that.

Oh and a system to grief people over personal issues.

I never said it wasn't and those words were written by Skills several years ago. No, I am not Skills.

People are telling me things I have known for years and years. Stop it.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I never said it wasn't and those words were written by Skills several years ago. No, I am not Skills.

People are telling me things I have known for years and years. Stop it.

I really just wanted this thing off grid again, that's all and I won't pretend you're someone, I don't know you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kirey Rang said:

I really just wanted this thing off grid again, that's all and I won't pretend you're someone, I don't know you.

CDS have never been removed from the grid. That was RedZone.

I have no idea what you mean by the rest of your post. I do not care.

• 8 months later...

Now at it cost 0L$ the solution is easy.

1. Contact the user who use the system and ban you automaticly. tell him that you dont want to get unbanned but that he get now banned from shopping that means you will not shop anymore in his market because he is a idiot of using this system and still he is.

2. Write a nice negative 1 Star Review on this article ;)

3. Enjoy the many shop owners who love their customers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.