Zero-Sum Mesh Body Support

Lealora Rainfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

As we all know, creator support drives body sales, which is why Maitreya is on top. It’s not that it’s a better body. There are other bodies that are just as good that get very little support and they give away their developer kits.

Well 'lil stab' here but the SL market has clearly demonstrated that your skill and eperience as a creator is vastly irrelevant, as long as it looks good in the picture.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Agreed that standard sizing was/is a mess. Apart from the fact that it wasn't, in fact, "standard" at all, I really disliked the fact that it more or less dictated your body shape. I chose to have, for instance, smaller breasts than the norm, but with standard sizes my choice made no difference: I was stuck with standard boobs.

That's why I didn't buy much in the way of mesh clothing until recently. I can't afford to throw away even pennies on something I can't use. Which makes me very appreciative of those who make use of the clothing texture HUDs for every day wear. It hasn't been difficult to find things from different designers to mix and match. I have an almost complete wardrobe now that takes up far less room in inventory. I just wish they would include the textures (no trans) in the HUD or with the clothing...just in case they decide to leave SL and delete their inventory*. Assuming the HUDs work the same now as they did back when they first came out with them for other things like homes and furniture.

*Or from whatever database they are storing the textures in outside of LL jurisdiction.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I doubt it’ll become like Genus was to Catwa. TMP got a really bad reputation for many reasons. Genus had a good reputation as Genesis Lab and had a smart strategy of doing a beta after rebranding.

Legacy is just the newest thing. What I can’t put my finger on, is why it’s getting so much support even from creators that haven’t supported anything else but Maitreya. 

As we all know, creator support drives body sales, which is why Maitreya is on top. It’s not that it’s a better body. There are other bodies that are just as good that get very little support and they give away their developer kits.

No....something else is at play here.

All of this. Add in the fact that the body is not Omega compatible (has this changed?) AND it’s double the price of the other bodies, I don’t see it becoming the body version of Genus. The amount of creator support is truly baffling to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

There are fewer actual 'individual' creators and more teams operating under multiple brand names. Workflow considerations are the priority, what can be exported and dumped into SL with the least amount of effort.

I like this....explains a lot. It also implies some illusion of choice is at play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It's partly why you can go different events and see almost the same thing from different creators, or why fashion trends will suddenly and uniformly divert across multiple events almost overnight.

I like you....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh YAY!!!

A whiff of nefarious deeds and backroom deals!!!!

We'll keep this thread going for EVER!!!

😊

I’d prefer that to the other “discussion” that’s been going on here for the last few weeks.

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

And while everyone seems to target Lara, few manage to rig correctly for it, especially if you are more than a 15% away from the default/creators body shape.

This would (from what I understand) because Maitreya is fairly selective about how they distribute the devKit. Which is (she said very cautiously) a possible example of why monopolies or near-monopolies are bad things: a creator with that much ooomph can, theoretically anyway, decide who lives, and who dies.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It's partly why you can go different events and see almost the same thing from different creators, or why fashion trends will suddenly and uniformly divert across multiple events almost overnight.

This makes sense. There is a particular smaller event I am thinking of in which approx. 1/4 of the clothing sellers all appear identical in style and vendor ads, but with different brand names. I always assumed that these were the same people with multiple brands. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just spicing up Jane's wink and a nod!

it's always more interesting when there's a body involved! (And here, of course, we have several, all mesh!)

Just don't let Cindy know you've chosen Jason for your leading man. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

Don't forget that Bakes on Mesh is just around the corner (currently fighting it out with EEP for the next major feature release).

Yes, that corner, waaay over there (points into 2021).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.