Bellisseria - Surfing area(s)?

Devin Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What goes with sailing and light watercraft? Surfing! Most of the water-adjacent sims in Bellisseria don't have enough water-to-land ratio for a wave generator or two, but there is ONE that I know of and it's Graff. There are only 5 house plots there (on the beach), and the rest is water. On the other side is the water channel between the NE coast of Belli and the new Squishy Pickle area. I've looked at this from the air and it has plenty of room for a couple wave generators running North to South along the entire length of beach there. Without blocking any sailing/boating access from the houseboat slips in the sim just North of Graff! 

Being one of the five residents there in Graff--and a surfer--and a resident who logs in frequently, I would happily volunteer to tend the wave generators and reset them (or configure them) as needed. LL could either put down a tiny rez square at the waterline along the beach for people to rez out their own boards, or perhaps work with one or two of the active surfboard makers to put out a public rezzer for one or two popular models of surfboard? I'm sure you could enlist a surf association like the SLSA to help with any design/config issues for the wave generators, or I could coordinate with them (since I'm a member).

And if you don't want to affect any existing house plots in any way with additional script load and the occasional handful of surfers who might be on the sim from time to time, perhaps you'd be willing to factor in a dedicated surfing sim--or two--to the remaining area design around Bellisseria? What do you think? I'm open to helping (and getting help) to coordinate any type of design and config issues. @Patch Linden

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.