What OS (except Windows) are you running?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:43 AM, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Linux users are mostly snobs. Linus is a good OS but they treat Linux like it’s the second coming of Christ and demand everyone switch to Linux because “ehhhhh Linux ehhhhhh” without considering the needs of the average user which usually don’t involve chickens, blood, voodoo and several prayers to an uncaring god just to get one thing to work correctly.

linux is good, but Mac OS (yes I know it’s unix) is supreme. There is no argument to be had, Mac OS is where it’s at. Sweet, simple, to the point, effective, works. All hail Mac OS. 

I'm not a snob.  I am a privileged rich inherited-wealth aristocrat.  My genetics is just superior to yours, sorry.  So is my OS. 😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, anna2358 said:

Has anyone managed to compile Catznip to run on Linux?  I was thinking of trying it, but there are no pre-compiled Linux downloads.

On my Linux machine, I run Catznip and others via PlayOnLinux (which uses WINE iirc).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, anna2358 said:

I'm not a snob.  I am a privileged rich inherited-wealth aristocrat.  My genetics is just superior to yours, sorry.  So is my OS. 😄

And yet in the posts that came after your response you did nothing but prove that Linux in itself will never be the dominating operating system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

You will come a cropper on the required bundled libs.

As @ThorinIIsays, the Windows version 12.1 64bit runs under Wine okay.  Bit slow.  About how Firestorm Windows 64 or the SLV runs under wine - which I have to use to get HAVOK uploads of complex mesh - okay for the upload, terrible to play.  Why is the Catznip wiki so terribly out of date? (no answer required, I know how hard it is)

Edited by anna2358

17 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

And yet in the posts that came after your response you did nothing but prove that Linux in itself will never be the dominating operating system. 

You have to understand @ItHadToComeToThis I do this for fun.  Almost everything I say in the forums is a joke, or at least said with tongue in cheek. 😉

I also, unlike many people, don't care how much it costs.  💲   It's worth every dollar to get away from reality for a bit every day.  😈

Reality is full of people who tell me what to think, what to say, what to do....  Bit like SL forums really, but here I can happily say '<expletive deleted> off'.  👊

Edited by anna2358
  • Like 1

I have been using Linux Mint for a long time, but not exclusively.  I really like MacOS but I build my own computers and MacOS really isn't intended to support third-party hardware, though it can be done. 

• Like 1

I find MacOS to be ok, just different enough to be frustrating half the time.

Mint is really nice .. till I inevitably break it by doing stuff beyond the basic mint (almost like the entire offering is designed around how cool a screenshot it will make and nothing past that)

I've always really liked Gentoo, but it's not been in a great place the last few years

6 hours ago, anna2358 said:

You have to understand @ItHadToComeToThis I do this for fun.  Almost everything I say in the forums is a joke, or at least said with tongue in cheek. 😉

I also, unlike many people, don't care how much it costs.  💲   It's worth every dollar to get away from reality for a bit every day.  😈

Reality is full of people who tell me what to think, what to say, what to do....  Bit like SL forums really, but here I can happily say '<expletive deleted> off'.  👊

Oh no. No back peddling. You stay right where you are and defend your opinion. I’m having none of this “oh but it was a joke” nonsense. 

#SteadyNow #DownWithThisSortOfThing

• Sad 1

To be honest i am far from a snob about my OS i rarely talk about my OS is run because it is not my life, I need access to UNIX tools for work and GNU/Linux provides me access to those for free (that and i am too cheep to buy a Windows Licance or a Mac) I feel people pick whatever platform fits there needs. 

Rhonda their is a issue with stat counter that many Linux users change there user agent strings on there browsers for reasons of privacy and throwing off fingerprinting other browsers by default on Linux don't send that info at all and can account for the "unknown sample"  

1cec4876a67b27141d550ad87d333d6c.png

Edited by Atosuria Daviau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.