Water is a little too.. shallow.

Kyrah Abattoir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's what happens when you try to navigate an Endeavor or BBX *TITANIC* through waters designed for smaller (read: normal-sized) boats. When your Yacht is larger than your House, something is amiss. Just think about that one. LOL

Every water vehicle I've used other than my Tall Ship go through those waters just fine.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It's what happens when you try to navigate an Endeavor or BBX *TITANIC* through waters designed for smaller (read: normal-sized) boats. When your Yacht is larger than your House, something is amiss. Just think about that one. LOL

Every water vehicle I've used other than my Tall Ship go through those waters just fine.

It was my submarine :/

They unfortunately tend to have a much deeper keel even when fully surfaced.

19 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

It was my submarine :/

They unfortunately tend to have a much deeper keel even when fully surfaced.

Hahaha...

Seriously though - that does sound like fun. Though I don't think the depth of the houseboat areas are unusual for the type of area and also there's really nothing under there (no decoration or anything whatsoever,) even Blake Sea has little tidbits all over the place. But I salute you for thinking outside the box and trying something no one else has thought of! (Of course, this rationalization comes after the OMG WTF! bit hahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su

21 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Though I don't think the depth of the houseboat areas are unusual for the type of area and also there's really nothing under there (no decoration or anything whatsoever,) even Blake Sea has little tidbits all over the place.

My first thought, and reason I initially wanted a houseboat, was to make an underwater mermaid grotto. Unfortunately from what I have heard from some in SL its not deep enough for that idea.

36 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

My first thought, and reason I initially wanted a houseboat, was to make an underwater mermaid grotto. Unfortunately from what I have heard from some in SL its not deep enough for that idea.

Under my boat, it's relatively deep, though I agree that it's not really deep enough for that. If you've ever gone swimming under Blake Sea and there are the peaks and valleys - it's about as deep as say, two-thirds the height of a typical "peaK' there. Though I do think the depth also varies over the space of several houseboats, also.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

<snipped section>

Seriously though - that does sound like fun. Though I don't think the depth of the houseboat areas are unusual for the type of area and also there's really nothing under there (no decoration or anything whatsoever,) even Blake Sea has little tidbits all over the place. But I salute you for thinking outside the box and trying something no one else has thought of! (Of course, this rationalization comes after the OMG WTF! bit hahaha!

Underwater decoration might be coming, Abiatti now has underwater planting and rocks.

• Moles

We tried to give the harbors and marinas a depth of at least 2m along main routes of travel. That seems reasonable for area meant for small to medium sized shallow draft pleasure craft. If there are some spots shallower than that causing problems let us know and we can fix them. Deep draft boats will probably have to use the public rezzing zones where the water is much deeper and keep to the open sea lanes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

If you are a small mermaid with a small grotto, so maybe? Shall I measure with a stick under mine, I can't really imagine there are shallower water. Maybe some houseboats are so close to the rezzing spots that the water is deeper? You can abandon and try again and again.

Could you have the top over water and sit like The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

This was the deepest part under a houseboat that I found by swimming a few northen sims. I will say that most I saw had shallow water. I think these boats was close to a deeper sea lane than what's common. I think the map gives an indication where to sail. I must admit, they could give the sailing ships, boats and submarines some more space.663404462_swimlow_003.thumb.jpg.53567bd8c34bb4314c4088674b50cef2.jpg1160802691_swimlow_005.thumb.jpg.74db555f717556af725cf0acb8a85b7e.jpg

When I was swimming to the left in scuba gear, my name tag would poke over the water surface sometimes, and it was no room for swimming up or down, only a straight horisontal line. Too close to the bottom, and my swim HUD forced me up.

The deeper sea lanes - a strip.

Edited by Marianne Little

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If you are a small mermaid with a small grotto, so maybe? Shall I measure with a stick under mine, I can't really imagine there are shallower water. Maybe some houseboats are so close to the rezzing spots that the water is deeper? You can abandon and try again and again.

Could you have the top over water and sit like The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen?

I was planning to come check out your underwater garden you posted in the other thread once RL stuff was dealt with (still need to find my stupid iron) I could come in mermaid form and see?

2 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I was planning to come check out your underwater garden you posted in the other thread once RL stuff was dealt with (still need to find my stupid iron) I could come in mermaid form and see?

Sure. No security orb. But here, it is really shallow. Not so deep as in the picture of me under the water by the docks. That's deep for SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.