Problem connecting to flickr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Flickr changed login, so that's not surprising.

From my point of view Firestorm is buggy here since you can not clear the account settings. You can only clear them when you successfully connected. :D Great design!

I did not find any location where this data is stored. So this function is broken until someone might fix that. It's just a minor annoyance though.

There is another thread here in the forums on this topic.  Some explanations are there. Flickr is changing the way you login and moving to "THE CLOUD". Oh you should all say amin at that . lolol   Anyway look here and please file a ticket at Flickr support. Thank you.

On 4/22/2019 at 12:55 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Submit a ticket at https://help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ because the more people that report the issue, the more Flickr will understand that it's a real problem which does NOT just affect one or two people.
I have submitted my ticket yesterday.

Are you sure it should be reported to Flickr, not LL?

I don't know it it works, but usualy when Flickr makes changes, than developers of connected services and applications need to do update for the changes on their side. In otherr words, LL needs to make update for LL viewer to follow the new Flickr setting (if possible). Or to remove it from viewer, if they can't make it work - same as they removed the connection to Facebook, see there: 

Flickr can't touch SL viewers, they have nothing with them, so I don't see how they can help.

This is basically the form letter answer from Flickr Support.  I have just filed my 2nd request for support to Flickr.  They doubled my Pro service cost and then took away my ability to easily load photos and location data from SL. 

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.

I appreciate you reaching out to us to let us know that you are experiencing an issue with not being send snapshots directly to flickr. At this time, our engineers have been alerted and are working to resolve any issues that may have popped up recently.

At this time we are in the process of migrating Flickr away from Yahoo servers and onto our own system built on top of Amazon Web Services that, once complete, will be able to provide more stability, fewer downtime Panda pages, and will allow us to focus on building a better Flickr experience for our users. While this migration is taking place, you may notice a few more hiccups than usual as we transfer over 100 million accounts and several billion photos over to a new home, and we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause.

While we do not have an exact time frame for a resolution, our engineers are now aware and investigating this issue and hope to have a fix rolled out shortly. We sincerely appreciate your patience in this as we dig into what could be causing this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, as we’d be happy to help.

Sincerely,

(name removed)
Flickr Support

Just now, Caleb Kit said:

This is basically the form letter answer from Flickr Support.  I have just filed my 2nd request for support to Flickr.  They doubled my Pro service cost and then took away my ability to easily load photos and location data from SL. 

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.

I appreciate you reaching out to us to let us know that you are experiencing an issue with not being send snapshots directly to flickr. At this time, our engineers have been alerted and are working to resolve any issues that may have popped up recently.

At this time we are in the process of migrating Flickr away from Yahoo servers and onto our own system built on top of Amazon Web Services that, once complete, will be able to provide more stability, fewer downtime Panda pages, and will allow us to focus on building a better Flickr experience for our users. While this migration is taking place, you may notice a few more hiccups than usual as we transfer over 100 million accounts and several billion photos over to a new home, and we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause.

While we do not have an exact time frame for a resolution, our engineers are now aware and investigating this issue and hope to have a fix rolled out shortly. We sincerely appreciate your patience in this as we dig into what could be causing this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, as we’d be happy to help.

Sincerely,

(name removed)
Flickr Support

It makes me to aks if they really read the reported problem or just copy pasted the answer they send to everyone about every problem reported these days.

I got to (about my other problem, not the snapshots) re-send my report and describe it again with capital letters to make them to really read it - then I got the "right" answer, not the copy pasted text. 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:55 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Submit a ticket at https://help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ because the more people that report the issue, the more Flickr will understand that it's a real problem which does NOT just affect one or two people.
I have submitted my ticket yesterday.

22 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's been reported to LL.

BUG-226826 - flickr posting is broken

Thanks.  

I'm actually not bothered by that issue myself, I just though thats maybe not the best idea to send a lot of reports to Flickr support if it needs to be fixed on Linden Lab side.

Thank you for posting the BUG report.  I am now watching it.  Have gotten no real response from Flickr whatsoever. Neither has anyone else I know. One of the major things is that at events in second life when you put up the pictures it includes the location data.  Which is great for people wanting to visit Fantasy Faire or Second Life Birthday or just general exploring.

Now you have to manually upload the pictures without that data.  So maybe Second Life can talk to Flickr.  I hope.

• Like 1

This issue appears to be resolved. I changed nothing on my flickr account but the link for sending photos from Second Life to flickr seems to be repaired.  I never did see any response from the 3 tickets I filed with flickr support.  Thanks to Whirly Fizzle and the Lindens for looking into the issue. 

• 1 month later...

Ok, here we go again.  It is Sunday June 2nd and for Friday, Saturday, and now today events  all I am getting is  "Problem Uploading to Flickr" .   Again??!!!! Everyone is raising prices and cutting service???   I have a great desktop, a kick rear end video card, and direct cable internet 300 m.   So the problem is not on my end.  Won't work with either Firestorm or the SL management viewer.

22 minutes ago, Caleb Kit said:

Ok, here we go again.  It is Sunday June 2nd and for Friday, Saturday, and now today events  all I am getting is  "Problem Uploading to Flickr" .   Again??!!!! Everyone is raising prices and cutting service???   I have a great desktop, a kick rear end video card, and direct cable internet 300 m.   So the problem is not on my end.  Won't work with either Firestorm or the SL management viewer.

Confirmed Flickr upload is failing at the moment with a bad gateway error.

2019-06-02T16:08:38Z WARNING #CoreHttp# llcorehttp/_httppolicy.cpp(434) LLCore::HttpPolicy::stageAfterCompletion : HTTP request 00000000741AA730 failed after 0 retries.  Reason:  Bad Gateway (Http_502)
2019-06-02T16:08:38Z WARNING #CoreHTTP# llmessage/llcorehttputil.cpp(282) LLCoreHttpUtil::HttpCoroHandler::onCompleted : Possible failure [Http_502] cannot POST url 'https://sim10772.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/721edbcd-83c0-051d-10c6-b57d571173a6/share/photo?read_from_master=true' because Bad Gateway
2019-06-02T16:08:38Z WARNING #FlickrConnect# newview/llflickrconnect.cpp(152) LLFlickrConnect::testShareStatus : HTTP Status error Bad Gateway
2019-06-02T16:08:38Z WARNING #FlickrConnect# newview/llflickrconnect.cpp(57) log_flickr_connect_error : Share request failed with a 1 Bad Gateway. Reason:  ()

This is most likely a problem at the Flickr end & hopefully it's just transient.

• 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.