Niagra Falls Sim Idea

Jace2112

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So in my travels in SL I have fallen in love with waterfall sims.  I noticed, however, that there is no SL version of Niagra Falls

image.png.3e608beb26154cf9f6b515caee5f1361.png

How would i go about finding out how large of a region would be needed to create such a sim?  Where can I find information about waterfall builders to see if reproducing Niagra Falls waterfalls can be done?  Is this just a pipe dream, or a wonderful place for people to visit and enjoy in SL

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

And even not barrel riding the waterfall in mouse look would pay the cost of the region(s)... 😒

Yes, unfortunately.

I'd like to see the oversized infohub in Ortiz and Gilda on Zindra converted to a waterfall. It's one of the few places in SL where there's a sizable river with a water level change.  As an info hub, it's mostly where the dumber bots accumulate when their regions restart.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, Jace2112 said:

So in my travels in SL I have fallen in love with waterfall sims.  I noticed, however, that there is no SL version of Niagra Falls

How would i go about finding out how large of a region would be needed to create such a sim?  Where can I find information about waterfall builders to see if reproducing Niagra Falls waterfalls can be done?  Is this just a pipe dream, or a wonderful place for people to visit and enjoy in SL

For an accurate scale model of Niagara Falls you'd need many regions. And it would be pretty pathetic, as you'd only be able to see a tiny bit of the falls at a time with realistic draw distances.

For the experience of Niagara Falls, you'd need two regions with one having an elevated water level. In Second Life the Grand Canyon is a single region next to a single region containing Lake Tahoe and Crater Lake and within walking distance of Mount Everest.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

For the experience of Niagara Falls, you'd need two regions with one having an elevated water level. In Second Life the Grand Canyon is a single region next to a single region containing Lake Tahoe and Crater Lake and within walking distance of Mount Everest.

Thank you so much for that comparison to Grand Canyon, Lake Tahoe, Crater Lake.   I have been there many times in SLand marveled at the close detail to the real thing.  Sounds like I need to scale back my idea and create something a bit more manageable like Burney Falls in Shasta California😁

image.thumb.png.96f1210b88d47cee3bceb12af83a163e.png

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, Jace2112 said:

I think honestly you could do it in a whole SIM easy... theres enough room to make it happen.  I would talk to Count burks with Dreamworld i bet he could help make this happen.  I would be willing to help as well... I think this is a great idea 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.