I need some new boots.

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting an itch to go boot shopping again.  But I don't want to wind up buying a bunch of boots I will end up tossing without wearing again.  So here are a few of my current favorites and then I want you to give me your suggestions and maybe a picture or 5 or your favorites too.

110505_003.jpg

Sweetest Goodbye.  Love these.  Lots of detail.  The down side is they are too dark and the details get lost in most lighting.

110505_004.jpg

ZHAO.  My go to boots.  I wear these more than any others.

110505_005.jpg

Bobbysocks.  I surely got my money's worth from these.  From casual to Domme, they have fit many looks.  They are starting to show their age, tho. 

110505_006.jpg

Pixalfashion Russ boots.  I wanted to like these.  I do like the looks.  But the invisiprims are to hard to work with now.  This leads in to one of the things I want from my new boots.  No invisiprims.  If the boots are mod where I can remove the invisiprims that's OK.  If I have to shrink them one tiny click at a time through a script then they better be some killer boots. 

I also have the few standards; Bax's ankle boots, Maitreya's boots, western boots from J's and Hoorenbeek.  What I am looking for now are maybe some brown boots.  Tough-girl style.  Something along the lines of what I have here.  Victorian or steampunk maybe, but they need to be tall; either over-calf or over-knee.

So how about it?  Do you have some place you think I need to see?

Hi Rhonda, love all your boots!

This is not a very good pic of them but I just got these Provence Riding Boots from Mon Tissu and I love them!  I went back and got them in every color, I loved them so much!  I don't have a pic but G Feilds also has some great looking boots! 

jeans.jpg

Well, these are not as tall as you might like and I do not know how 'tough' they look to you, but these are awfully comfy boots from Kboots (outside Exile).  They come in brown and black versions and there is no resizing involved and no invisiprims!

Kboots_001.jpg

Those ol' Shiny boots are my favourites still to this very day. Unlike many early footwear purchases, these have withstood the test of time. They have gotten me safely through many a rat-infested sewer, and out into the sunlight beyond.

I'm logging in to find my favourite latest boot find.......brb...

Evangeline Twist wrote:

Those are great boots and so is the texture on those chairs! Cute!

Thanks!  The chairs were freebie gift from the Tuli (skin) group awhile back.  There are four sit poses, the upside down one being my favorite 'thinking' pose, and I can change the color of the pillows!

Tiffy, thanks for posting those!  I knew someone would.  Similar's boots are incredible.  They don't like me tho :-(  I have tried several times but I can not get their boots or shoes fit me.  Especially the feet; they are intended for slender avatars and I went with "linebacker thighs" as they have been called ^.^

I love their work tho.  Truly beautiful boots.

Hi Rhonda! Tiffy was faster than me on the Rapier boots! :smileyvery-happy:

You know my crush on Similar shoes, so here are the latests I bought (pics from the marketplace as I can't go inworld right now)

DES AD 02.jpg

¨^Desdemonia

Sidewinder black3.jpg

^Sidewinter unisex boots

Heya Rhonda- I know you've said that before somewhere and I'm sorry they don't suit you, but I just couldn't not post them. Happily, there's still a gazzillion cool shoes out there :)

Sadly, that's where much of my "profits" go.

Ohh Valerie...aren't they the greatest images! I'd love it if someone could verify where those are taken, as they certainly aren't SL photos. Is it a poser thing? Some other 3D world?

I'm not complaining, as the shoes are actually fantastic in SL too.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Ohh Valerie...aren't they the greatest images! I'd love it if someone could verify where those are taken, as they certainly aren't SL photos. Is it a poser thing? Some other 3D world?

I'm not complaining, as the shoes are actually fantastic in SL too.

I believe these pictures are made with a 3D software, 3D S Max, Maya, Blender, or something like that. Similar's pictures on the MP have always been amazing.

Claire,

Tall is kind of a relative term in SL.  I an 6'1" prim height without shoes.  If the alpha is a little off, I can always try a different one from Immy's set or I have no problems at all making my own for a custom fit.  I like the wedge.  It sets them apart from most of the heels I have. Thanks for posting. 

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

/me bites her lips as she struggles with her feelings.

Dangit, Val.  You are going to make me change my shape just so I can wear Similar shows. :shake-fist:

Maybe I can nudge it a little bit and see about getting the sindwinders to fit. They are sexy!

/me bites her nails as she's looking forward to see those sexy Sidewinters on you! :smileyvery-happy:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Especially the feet; they are intended for slender avatars and I went with "linebacker thighs" as they have been called ^.^

Ahhhh...I remember that phrase :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I can also vouch for the Kboots....LOVE them!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.