Town Hall post-mortem

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Special secret project

I just heard him say it -- SUPER SECRET PROJECT -- which Love guessed back on the first page of the SSP thread

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/?do=findComment&comment=1783430

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Hope there is a transcript soon.

Did anything interesting happen, or was it just a meh-vent?

From the first hour, here is what I made some notes on:

Last names currently estimated at 2nd quarter 2019.  They confirmed that you must be Premium.  The cost is not finalized, but will likely cost "a few months of premium memberships" (my take -- around $25-30 per change request).   They will have a way for Residents to make suggestions for the list.

Linden homes - Roughly a dozen genres to choose from and many types of homes to pick from on each plot that will fit the genre.  There will be different size plots and there will be water homes and land homes.  Currently a bit behind schedule, but we should see something late this year or early next year.   They did not specifically say, but I'm pretty sure this is what part of SSP is for.

Market Place - Being able to designate one or more Managers to help with MP listing work is actually coming soon. Cleanup of old stuff has started.

Auctions - LL ones should be back online soon, but Resident to Resident ones won't come until early next year.

Premium membership changes - Still working on new perks, one of which came with Animesh (premiums get 2 attached animesh objects, whereas basic accounts only get 1).  They did say that they were looking at a way for us to get more groups, but that is a bit complicated because groups themselves are complex and put a large load on the system.

Misc:

SSP = Super Secret Project (Dee named it)

Wonderful statement by Oz:  "If you ever hear anyone state 'LL plans to do such-and-such in 2 years', it is not true because LL doesn't make plans that far in advance"

They confirmed they will not be getting rid of classic avatars, and then joked about the reason being because Oz is still classic and has no intention of changing.   ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just heard him say it -- SUPER SECRET PROJECT -- which Love guessed back on the first page of the SSP thread

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/?do=findComment&comment=1783430

Yet, pages later he said I was on the right track after I guessed “Super Sized Parcels”. Misdirection makes magic work.

A more specific question or questions regarding Linden Homes came in and the answers are:  Current Linden Home people will not have to move.  The new locations will have rezzers like Horizons for you to pick your house (or maybe houseboat - this part I added).  The land plots will not be empty - i.e. you can't put down your own home (my add:  thus unlike Horizons, the Linden Home locations will stay within theme, but you will get a choice of homes).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.