Bring Items/Hat/Clothes back to default position scale?

Pitchrig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You might want to use Ctrl+Z if you are still wearing it. If you have already detached it, the new size and position are already saved.

Best thing to do now is unpacking a new version/requesting a redelivery.

Whenever you go editing things, make a copy before editing. If it's a no copy item, be prepared to lose what you're working with.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pitchrig said:

is there any way to bring it back to it's default position from when i first wore it?

yes, answer is in your post

4 minutes ago, Pitchrig said:

using the edit (via reshape and move)

the postition you ended is now the default location .. so you have to redo it.
Another option is, if you have a different color from the item, wear that (stand very still!!) write down the coordinates, add the old relocated item and put the numbers in. Still can have some edit to do but you will be close.

It perhaps helps if you get a redelivery and see if that solves it.

• Like 1

Thank you! for the speedy replies! I do have the coordinates but the trouble is everytime I change the coordinates it just comes back to what it originally was or it goes up to a hundred (or like if I move one coordinate everything just shifts too much)

Edited by Pitchrig

Edit the numbers, go to the object tab and edit the numbers in there for rotation and position and size, good start when totally lost is zeroing all (well - not size) - I almost never use the mouse drag way to edit. Number hacking is way more convenient.

Just now, Anita61 Anatine said:

Always work on a copy! If you mess up you'll still have the original item with all the default settings

Yeah, true. Cannot be repeated often enough. If I don'ta ccidentaly edit it I Always do a  copy before editing too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Yeah, true. Cannot be repeated often enough. If I don'ta ccidentaly edit it I Always do a  copy before editing too.

This, if possible. And if it's a no-copy gacha item, make a notecard with the default co ordinates before you start to edit, so you can reset the position if you screw it up or change anything.

6 hours ago, Pitchrig said:

Thank you! for the speedy replies! I do have the coordinates but the trouble is everytime I change the coordinates it just comes back to what it originally was or it goes up to a hundred (or like if I move one coordinate everything just shifts too much)

Try the procedure described in this blog post.

If you have the original purchase then rezz the package again and Open, and copy to inventory as usual.  Pull the screwed-up hair into Trash.  Now wear your new one.  I liked the redelivery idea too.  That is so handy.

As for your current conundrum, it sounds like when you clicked to Edit your hair for repositioning you might have inadvertently selected something else along with it that you didn't know. Say, an eyelash or a prime object many meters away it.  This is common problem in cluttered areas, say in your home.  That alone could prevent you from repositioning the hair if that unseen object has no permissions.  One clue is where the positioning arrows are when you've clicked to Edit the hair.  If they are a meter a way then you can suspect you might have snagged something unintentionally in your selection beam. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.