Preventing logoff screenshot

Crush Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy

I was wondering if there is a way to prevent a screenshot being taken when you log off.

The reason is that anyone attempting to logon as my Avatar from the same PC will see this screenshot even without the correct password.

I am using the Firestorm browser.

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crush Broome said:

Howdy

I was wondering if there is a way to prevent a screenshot being taken when you log off.

The reason is that anyone attempting to logon as my Avatar from the same PC will see this screenshot even without the correct password.

Thanks

Probably a question for the firestorm inworld group but a quick google of disable firestorm log in screen brought me to this  https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/preferences_firestorm_tab page.  You will have to scroll to find it 

I love my log in screen.  I position my cam when I log off at night cuddling Ki so that when I log in the next morning I get to see us cuddle and that makes me happy :D 

ETA  you should make sure nobody tries to log in your avatar though as TOS, you will get into trouble 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting. My login screen always shows a really old screenshot.

Do you use last location or home to log in?  I think using Home will use the screenshot from the moment you set Home Location.  I will let you test if I am right because I am lazy :) 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo (as usual)

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Do you use last location or home to log in?  I think using Home will use the screenshot from the moment you sent Home Location.  I will let you test if I am right because I am lazy :) 

Yes this is true.

• Thanks 2

as the screenshot is always in the same place/name... one can see making a cmd file that does it. Close SL and double click the "erese" icon?

Edit: Another option is replace that with a picture of a kitten and set the permissions to read only, so it can';t be overwritten (untested theory)

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

pfff ... mouse pushers :D

make a TEXT file - for example "sl.cmd" (ending on .cmd is mandantory)

Put that content in and save:

start "Second Life" /WAIT /B "c:\Program Files\Firestorm-Releasex64\Firestorm-Releasex64.exe"
del /Q "c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\nova_convair\screen_last.bmp"

Make a desktop link to that batch file and give it a nice icon and launch sl with that link then.
Adapt the pathnames to your system and viewer of course b4 you try.

Edited by Nova Convair

2 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

pfff ... mouse pushers :D

make a TEXT file - for example "sl.cmd" (ending on .cmd is mandantory)

Put that content in and save:

start "Second Life" /WAIT /B "c:\Program Files\Firestorm-Releasex64\Firestorm-Releasex64.exe"
del /Q "c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\nova_convair\screen_last.bmp"

Make a desktop link to that batch file and give it a nice icon and launch sl with that link then.
Adapt the pathnames to your system and viewer of course b4 you try.

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Probably a question for the firestorm inworld group but a quick google of disable firestorm log in screen brought me to this  https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/preferences_firestorm_tab page.  You will have to scroll to find it 

I love my log in screen.  I position my cam when I log off at night cuddling Ki so that when I log in the next morning I get to see us cuddle and that makes me happy :D 

ETA  you should make sure nobody tries to log in your avatar though as TOS, you will get into trouble 

Or just use Cindy's solution :)   Preferences/Firestorm/Extras (tab)/disable log in progress screen

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crush Broome said:

Howdy

Thanks

Wow you are right.

*makes a note to not log out nude on a pose ball*

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.