You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Why can't I ever remember what IBTL is .. dangit .. I know the peeps at google are wondering if I'm ever going to get it. :D

I have one like that. I'm struggling to remember what is now but if isn't stfu it's something very similar. I've looked it up a number of times, but I never remember what it means when I see it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No need for locks if nobody starts name-calling, right? :)

Don't you believe it. There are plenty of threads locked these days when there hasn't been any flaming or anything negative of any kind. People have even been suspended from both here and SL itself without breaking any forum rules/guidelines. It's can be really idiotic here at times.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No need for locks if nobody starts name-calling, right? :)

Don't you believe it. There are plenty of threads locked these days when there hasn't been any flaming or anything negative of any kind. People have even been suspended from both here and SL itself without breaking any forum rules/guidelines. It's can be really idiotic here at times.

I've noticed that yes.

Can you imagine the poor moderator reading some of these threads though...especially when they escalate in an intense way.....I would feel like nuking some of them too..lol.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've noticed that yes.

Can you imagine the poor moderator reading some of these threads though...especially when they escalate in an intense way.....I would feel like nuking some of them too..lol.

I don't think they read them religiously. From what is posted, they do appear to read sometimes, but not all posts religiously. That's the strong impression I've got. They mostly rely on reports, and we do have one or more regulars who, if a thread isn't to their liking after a while, report it, whether or not there are any infringements to the forum rules/guidelines. They are the interfering busy-bodies that we have here.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't think they read them religiously. From what is posted, they do appear to read sometimes, but not all posts religiously. That's the strong impression I've got. They mostly rely on reports, and we do have one or more regulars who, if a thread isn't to their liking after a while, report it, whether or not there are any infringements to the forum rules/guidelines. They are the interfering busy-bodies.

The tattlers, yes. Must be great to feel the POWWWWERRRR....:)

I have never reported anyone, even if I thought they broke a rule. Why? I don't like rising to another power level to negatively affect those on my own power level -- feels abusive.  Of course I would if they did something horrid, but I seldom see that.

17 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Says something about your countries gun culture more then racism. Thought comes to mind about Justine Damond an Australian lady living in Minneapolis. She heard a commotion in the laneway and called the police, the police arrived, she went to the car window to talk to them, and they shot her. The killer pleaded the shooting was self-defence and involved a reasonable use of force. She was unarmed and wearing her pyjamas when she was shot in the stomach. 

It's not racism... it's that your countries gun culture is completely out of control. To the point the even your authorities, people that should be able to be trusted, have itchy trigger fingers for everyone as well.

we dont have a gun culture we simply have the constitutional right to own weapons.

we do have a nihilistic amoral culture but i lay that at the feet of 70 years of leftists doing everything in their power to destroy our country our values and our heritage

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Do you know, Phil, that some even message other forum members to try and get them to see the 'bad ways' of another? I'm educating you here, in Mean Girls 101....lol

LMFAO! You're not educating me at all about that ;)

BUT... you have given me a huge cause to stop and wonder.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe, if when the mods check in, we are all in a drum circle or holding hands singing “Kumbayah”, nothing will happen.

Thats slightly less likely than being overtaken by a mountaineering fish when half way up everest

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Do you know, Phil, that some even message other forum members to try and get them to see the 'bad ways' of another? I'm educating you here, in Mean Girls 101....lol

LMFAO! You're not educating me at all about that ;)

BUT... you have given me a huge cause to stop and wonder.

Well I have the impression that guys just knock each other in the head instead of going through all that drama, but I could be prejudiced here in my assumptions of the way males/females are socialized..

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I have the impression that guys just knock each other in the head instead of going through all that drama, but I could be prejudiced here in my assumptions of the way males/females are socialized..

You're probably right that guys just knock each other in the head. My experience of what you said hasn't been with guys. But it's darned interesting that it's Mean Girls 101 lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.