radio stations for SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Install Winamp.  http://www.winamp.com/index.html  Then use it to find online stations in a wide variety of genres.  When you find one you like, go to File/Information and copy the URL.  Paste it into the Music URL box in About Land, or follow your receiver's instructions for adding it to the receiver's menu.

Note:  SL only supports MPEG, so don't bother if the station is running an AAC format stream.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Install Winamp.  http://www.winamp.com/index.html  Then use it to find online stations in a wide variety of genres.  When you find one you like, go to File/Information and copy the URL.  Paste it into the Music URL box in About Land, or follow your receiver's instructions for adding it to the receiver's menu.

Note:  SL only supports MPEG, so don't bother if the station is running an AAC format stream.

Winamp is the Shiznat! 

Does it still say this every time you launch it? I swear I seem to remember that Winamp died a few years ago, was it resurrected? LOL I'll have to grab it again because Winamp is the bestest evar!

Edited by Alyona Su

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They never said which llama, but I always think of Ogden Nash's famous poem...

The one L lama, he's a priest

The two L llama, he's a beast

And I will bet a silk pajama

You'll never find a 3 L lllama.

News story today that a Llama emoji is coming to iOS.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Shiznat?  Nah..."WInamp...it really whips the Llama's ass!"

Oh yeah, that's right. I think it was something else you clicked on to make it say Shiznat LOL (Come to think of it, shiznat is NOT censored? Bahahahaha

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

No, @MMELL2.  That's a type of radio tuner, of which there are many in SL.  You still need to have the URL to give it.  A lot of SL "radios" come with some URLs already programmed in, but also have the ability to accept new stations.

Winamp, or Shoutcast, or simply a search for internet streaming radio stations, will turn up the URLs you need to get these gadgets to work.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.