SL keeps log down computer after 5 minuts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As this sounds like you'd've done a clean install of SL, it might be that the default logout settings have been reinstated.

In Preferences/General, at the bottom is the Away timeout setting. In Firestorm there's the additional Log out after being marked away setting. In the SL viewer you'll have to set the debug setting QuitAfterSecondsOfAFK manually.

ETA: Just looked in the SL viewer, and there doesn't seem to be a debug setting called QuitAfterSecondsOfAFK. There is one called QuitAfterSeconds, but that seems to work differently, maybe the time since login?

So I suspect I've been talking rubbish here. Sorry.

Edited by KT Kingsley

8 hours ago, littlemargot said:

since i got the new release SL and Windows 10, after open SL 5 minuts later computer logs out without warning

Are you saying that both your SL and Windows is a new version - i.e. you just upgraded from another version of Windows to 10?  If so, is this also a new computer or just software upgrade?  If just a software upgrade, did you also upgrade all of your drivers?  When you log into SL, click Help / About and paste the info here, so we know more about your current setup.

Firestorm 5.1.7 (55786) Jul 13 2018 19:03:25 (32bit) (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

Second Life RC Magnum 18.07.20.518086
Release Notes
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3392.29 MHz)
Memory: 4041 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 23.21.13.9077
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.77
RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.2.1 / RLVa v2.2.0.55786
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.05
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.9.0002.27586
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1710x817 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 184 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High (5/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2018-8-12T8:49:14
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 44/62,665 (0.1%)
August 12 2018 03:08:48 SLT

7 hours ago, littlemargot said:

There's your problem. The viewer isn't logging you out. Your PC has barely enough memory to run Windows, the viewer is trying to eat more than Windows can give it and in order to keep the PC running it's killing the viewer.

You need significantly more memory in your PC. Windows 10 can eat 4GB just getting out of bed, will consume another 2GB for i/o buffers and the SL viewer can easily use 2GB all by  itself. You appear to only have 4GB in total, so Windows is already running in low memory mode.

I would recommend you replace your ram with 16GB, 8GB at a bare minimum although you wont see a huge improvement as windows will eat most of it and you wont be much better off.

54 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

There's your problem. The viewer isn't logging you out. Your PC has barely enough memory to run Windows, the viewer is trying to eat more than Windows can give it and in order to keep the PC running it's killing the viewer.

You need significantly more memory in your PC. Windows 10 can eat 4GB just getting out of bed, will consume another 2GB for i/o buffers and the SL viewer can easily use 2GB all by  itself. You appear to only have 4GB in total, so Windows is already running in low memory mode.

I would recommend you replace your ram with 16GB, 8GB at a bare minimum although you wont see a huge improvement as windows will eat most of it and you wont be much better off.

how to do that can You help me

8 hours ago, littlemargot said:
Firestorm 5.1.7 (55786) Jul 13 2018 19:03:25 (32bit) (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

Release Notes
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.77

The line in red is where the viewer shows it thinks you're running Windows 8.

It's expected that the 32bit version of Firestorm 5.1.7 detects Windows 10 as Windows 8, because the 32bit version doesn't include the Windows 10 manifest. The Win 10 manifest causes Windows 10 systems with older Intel drivers to not be able to run the viewer (the drivers didn't install properly error) or the drivers will crash during benchmarking.
LL  also build their 32bit version without the Windows 10 manifest for the same reason.

Can you explain in more detail what's actually happening?
Are you getting logged out or disconnected from Second Life or is the whole computer shutting down?

23 hours ago, littlemargot said:
Release Notes

Release Notes

First and foremost, what is with this hardware? Lmao

That aside, an actual windows logout, or a complete system shutdown? If the pc is turning off or bluescreening after a certain bit of time has passed, its either a heat problem or an issue with resource management.

I can say that 4gb of ram is not a problem for a single viewer, even if you maxed out your ram you would either hit the page file and notice slow loading or the programs would just crash. I did a whole thing on SL vs its system requirements using a 32 bit viewer with 1gb and 8gb (3.8gb) of ram and had no problems on the latter system: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/425909-sl-vs-system-requirements/

1gb was unusable, 4gb was perfectly fine and showed no problems related to ram.

Noted in red like Theresa and Whirly also commented on it, you say youre on windows 10 but your viewer says windows 8, that could be causing some problems and might also not. I know some programs would rely on windows 10 only features but i doubt thats it.

Two things i want you to try, the first being that if you are given any kind of error code, or anything after the logout/crash, post it here. The second being if you are experience not just logouts, but hard shutdowns, start recording the temperatures of your computers components. Theres a program called Speccy from piriform that does just this, or another called speedfan.

And this part is not related to your problem but is related to my first line in this post, what is up with your weird PC configuration? Thats a semi old but still decent high end processor paired with a very low end graphics card and only 4gb of ram. I highly suggest upgrading your ram to 8gb and replacing your GPU with something like a GTX 750ti or whatever else your system supports power and space wise. A 750ti or GT 1030 is a good bet because they fit in just about anything physically and dont need any extra power connectors. You asked "how" with a ram upgrade, check this article https://www.pcworld.com/article/2957195/components/how-to-install-new-memory-in-your-pc.html

To summarize that, find a matching spec stick of ram, place it in a slot. Its a very easy hardware upgrade to do, just plug it into the slot and everything else is handled by the computer. The difficult part for people who dont know much about it is compatibility, read the label on your current ram, find out what it is and get something the same format and speed. There will be a little label like "PC3-10600" which means 1333mhz DDR3 format. You can also check this information with the above mentioned program Speccy to find out the speed and format. You dont need to worry much about timings, and you can actually mix-match sticks of different speeds but your motherboard may not support it, so its best to be on the safe side and just get the same speed memory. If you have a single 4gb stick installed, another 4gb stick of ram will cost you less than 40$ brand new.

For the GPU, if you wanted to upgrade that, its just a matter of a screw or two, a little push tab, and then replacing the card with a new one in the same slot. Then installing drivers or letting nvidia/amd's software handle it for you. Without knowing about your computers power supply, its best to buy cards that dont require a 6 or 8 pin power connector, cards that are powered off of the slot itself alone. A GTX 750, 750ti, 1050, 1030, etc are all lower power cards that give great performance, they can all be found relatively cheap.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's expected that the 32bit version of Firestorm 5.1.7 detects Windows 10 as Windows 8, because the 32bit version doesn't include the Windows 10 manifest. The Win 10 manifest causes Windows 10 systems with older Intel drivers to not be able to run the viewer (the drivers didn't install properly error) or the drivers will crash during benchmarking.
LL  also build their 32bit version without the Windows 10 manifest for the same reason.

Can you explain in more detail what's actually happening?
Are you getting logged out or disconnected from Second Life or is the whole computer shutting down?

after 5 minuts SL log out my computer. i have to restart. but two evenings it did keep on whole evening

11 minutes ago, littlemargot said:

computer shuts down complete and have to start up again

Is this a laptop?  You may be overheating - well you could be overheating on a desktop also, but it is more common on a laptop.  Download and install Hardware Monitor.  Start it up and then start the viewer.  When your computer shuts down and you bring it back up, start the Monitor again and see what it is showing for the MAX temperatures.  

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html  -- Use the 'Setup English' button on the left side under Download - there is no reason to try the Pro version.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 4:26 PM, littlemargot said:

now it restarts again a few times after 5 minuts then it stay on for a few hours and restarts again a few times

Usually there are error messages to help identify problems. Write them down if there are any.

In the meantime, in could be overheating. PC may simply be dirty on the inside and need a good cleaning.

Drop your overall graphics settings from high to mid. Preferences - Graphics - General - slider at the top. 

Also reduce your Draw Distance to 64m

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.