Types of people on the forum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Okay, that truly cracked me up.

You forgot the category of the person that creates an Alt just to post a topic in the forums because they are too afraid (or possibly shy) to use their normal account.  i.e.:
image.png.f3916311fbf9e604b2ddf431b024c0b2.png

Thats it!! thats my category haha. Its not that I'm afraid to use my normal account. I literally meant no bad by the original post it was just a playful generalisation of different forum types just for fun. BUT, I know there are rules to posting and content etc etc and I wasn't sure if the post would be acceptable in terms of the forums rules so figured a random old alt of mine would be a better candidate incase it warranted me some kind of ban or action against the account if it was taken in a way it wasn't meant. Thankfully though 99 % of those who have responded to it have taken it in the way it was meant to be taken. One or two are coming across like they have had their feels hurt but the rest have just had a giggle with it.

11 minutes ago, ThatsPants said:

I wasn't sure if the post would be acceptable in terms of the forums rules so figured a random old alt of mine would be a better candidate incase it warranted me some kind of ban or action against the account if it was taken in a way it wasn't meant. 

You do realize the people who can ban you know who all your alts are. Like really really I'm not kidding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

You do realize the people who can ban you know who all your alts are. Like really really I'm not kidding.

Yep im aware of this but at the same time I never see that happen. People who I know who have had their accounts banned have only had the account in question banned and not their alts.

1 hour ago, ThatsPants said:

Oh stop being such a snowflake. It was nothing more than a bit of fun. 

if it was just a bit of  fun, why didn't you post it under your regular account? 

Obviously your main has a reputation to uphold and you were afraid this post would tarnish it.

And now you are name calling?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Okay, that truly cracked me up.

You forgot the category of the person that creates an Alt just to post a topic in the forums because they are too afraid (or possibly shy) to use their normal account.  i.e.:
image.png.f3916311fbf9e604b2ddf431b024c0b2.png

I think the name “ThatsPants” is a reference to the Dr. Suess classic, “The Pants with Nobody In Them”.

9 hours ago, ThatsPants said:

I wasn't sure if the post would be acceptable in terms of the forums rules so figured a random old alt of mine would be a better candidate incase it warranted me some kind of ban or action against the account if it was taken in a way it wasn't mean.

The post is very innocuous. Be bolder next time. Let your freak flag fly! You’d be amazed how hard it is to be banned. Being “warned” is a bit easier. Unless a bunch of people reported your post, it’s fine. I’ve learned things not to do. Doesn’t mean I don’t do them sometimes anyway.

8 hours ago, Phorumities said:

if it was just a bit of  fun, why didn't you post it under your regular account? 

Obviously your main has a reputation to uphold and you were afraid this post would tarnish it.

And now you are name calling?

Not name calling, just telling someone to stop taking it so to heart. Btw are you not the exact same Phorumities who is using a new alt yourself to mess around and troll a little on this forum?. My post was legitimately a little bit of fun, if you want to take it as otherwise thats entirely up to you but you can't really judge me for using a alt account when you yourself are doing it.

7 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

doctor found another snowflake.png

Alas its true, I'm the snowiest of the snowflakes!. I float down on a cold winters day, protest board in hand......im just kidding but you should definitely research up what snowflake means before you use the word though. The text you are responding to doesn't really come under that particular heading.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the name “ThatsPants” is a reference to the Dr. Suess classic, “The Pants with Nobody In Them”.

Yep, you got me. No body knows this but I am actually the unnamed character. If your interested to know, me and the pants are still good friends all these years later

Edited by ThatsPants
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Methinks Klytina would wear that badge proudly.

Probably. Her and a few others are trying to turn the original post into something it wasn't meant to be. It doesn't specific anyone in particular, doesn't single anyone out. Most people took it in good humour and even contributed their own categories. Perhaps in the future we should all do a categories of lindens post, expand on the hive mind theory and explain the function of the E.B.B.E Artificial Intelligence Central Control Unit.....or perhaps I'm just waffling nonsense now...

Not name calling, just telling someone to stop taking it so to heart. Btw are you not the exact same Phorumities who is using a new alt yourself to mess around and troll a little on this forum?. My post was legitimately a little bit of fun, if you want to take it as otherwise thats entirely up to you but you can't really judge me for using a alt account when you yourself are doing it.

I never troll, and I'm not using two accounts in the forum at the same time like you are bragging about.

aaaaand...

Opinions that are not in agreement with the hive mind* are usually denounced as trolling.

*Societies hive mind, not your LL hive mind you constantly refer to.

Edited by Phorumities
added a line

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Whatever happened to "This is purely for fun so don't take anything too to heart"?

*reaches for another chocolate and sits back* 9_9

If their post was purely for fun, why did they use an alt? Obviously their main wasn't getting enough attention, or it was just too nice, and they wanted to stir the pot a bit

Edited by Phorumities
added a line
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

I never troll, and I'm not using two accounts in the forum at the same time like you are bragging about.

aaaaand...

Opinions that are not in agreement with the hive mind* are usually denounced as trolling.

*Societies hive mind, not your LL hive mind you constantly refer to.

I don't believe I bragged. Do you know the meaning of the word brag?. Let me help you..

bragging
ˈbraɡɪŋ/
noun

1. 1. 
    excessively proud and boastful talk about one's achievements or possessions.
    "she interrupted their endless bragging"
adjective

1. 1. 
    exhibiting or characterized by excessive pride or boastfulness.
    "a competitive, bragging culture"

I don't remember doing this at all

35 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

If their post was purely for fun, why did they use an alt? Obviously their main wasn't getting enough attention, or it was just too nice, and they wanted to stir the pot a bit

*Shrugs* take it as you wish. I know how I meant it, most people have taken it how I meant it. Thats good enough for me <--- now thats partial bragging

Edited by ThatsPants

2 minutes ago, ThatsPants said:

*Shrugs* take it as you wish. I know how I meant it, most people have taken it how I meant it. Thats good enough for me

I think people are more irked that you sock-puppeted thinking you might be breaking forum rules than the actual content of the OP which was taken as light hearted meta.

It is a particularly duplicitous thing to do and while not in the community standards, should be.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ThatsPants said:

I don't believe I bragged. Do you know the meaning of the word brag?. Let me help you..

bragging
ˈbraɡɪŋ/
noun

1. 1. 
    excessively proud and boastful talk about one's achievements or possessions.
    "she interrupted their endless bragging"
adjective

1. 1. 
    exhibiting or characterized by excessive pride or boastfulness.
    "a competitive, bragging culture"

I don't remember doing this at all

You might not be bragging, but you are rapidly crossing the line to trolling.

I sincerely recommend that you just go back to your nice, boring, make no waves, ruffle no feathers main.

Have a nice day

Edited by Phorumities
commas are our friend

1 hour ago, Phorumities said:

Maybe their main had so many warnings and temporary forum bans that they got an in-world ban and that spooked them enough they made the alt to protect their account.

• Like 1

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

Maybe their main had so many warnings and temporary forum bans that they got an in-world ban and that spooked them enough they made the alt to protect their account.

Oh I never thought about that. Yes maybe they did

I don't believe I bragged.

What you believe and what the rest of us believe can be entirely different things. We all differ in our ability (and desire?) to understand that.

I know how I meant it, most people have taken it how I meant it.

From my vantage point, I would not draw your conclusion. One can give the benefit of the doubt without actually giving up the doubt.

I'd have been the first responder to this thread, but ultimately discarded my reply because I didn't feel good about expressing my doubt by categorizing you. Fortunately Ceka came along shortly after to put a big smile on my face. \o/ Others then came along and expressed doubts similar to my own.

For me, each post you craft digs you deeper into the category I think you mistakenly listed twice, under different titles.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
I'm still waking up, give me another day or two.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.