Sale at Signature

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just popped in to Signature to pick up a demo of the Geralt body and was surprised to find that they're having a 50% off sale, on everything (bodies, heads and clothing). I have no idea how long it's on for, but if you want it, now would be a good time (if you can get in - it's a bit crowded in there).

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I wish stores had demos elsewhere.

This would apply to any event, really - besides, just as in the thread about 'men in women's clothing stores', guess how many women are swarming around the Signature store right now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

This would apply to any event, really - besides, just as in the thread about 'men in women's clothing stores', guess how many women are swarming around the Signature store right now?

Well they have to kit out those male alts somehow, and if they can do that and gift their male SL partners cheaply, then it's a smart move on Signature's end of things. And it's good publicity for their new, slimmer Geralt body, which - hopefully - will pick up even more clothing support after the sale.

Side note: Every time a guy dips a toe into Catwa chat to ask for advice on which male mesh body he should buy, before I've even had a chance to finish typing "what kind of build do you want your new body to have?" so I can offer him options based on his own personal preferences, half a dozen women have all chimed in with "GIANNI!" It drives me sodding crazy, because once my question is out in chat, the guy usually comes back with something like "Slim and not too muscular." Not everyone wants to look like they visit the gym every day, and I wish that those women who think the Gym-Buff-Gianni look is the only look a guy should have would bloody well realise that.

Yes, I have many feelings about this. ¬¬ Give a guy the options he needs, ladies; don't just tell him what you think he needs to look like.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Should my asian male switch to Geralt? He has Slink now.

Have you tried the body demo with your alt's usual clothes? My m-alt does get quite well fits with SLink rigged clothes, but it remains hit and miss.

The updated HUD has more save slots for alpha presets and a reworked system for texture management (if you use custom textures). It also auto-syncs the alpha selection with the body if you wear them separately. 

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You who are in the Signature group,, have they sent out demos there?

Sadly, no idea, since there weren't any demo worthy releases after buying the body and joining the group.

It's a great body, Orwar, Sadly, though, it's missing the side-torso alpha cuts that Gianni has (my only quibble with Geralt) but - once the clothing support increases - I'll be wearing it far more often than I wear Gianni (and a damn sight more often than I wear Jake). I have a comparison post here, regarding Gianni and Geralt, using their default shapes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

It's a great body, Orwar, Sadly, though, it's missing the side-torso alpha cuts that Gianni has (my only quibble with Geralt) but - once the clothing support increases - I'll be wearing it far more often than I wear Gianni (and a damn sight more often than I wear Jake). I have a comparison post here, regarding Gianni and Geralt, using their default shapes.

Yeah, I read that on your blog earlier. Just hoping they'll update it - and that the clothes I want to wear will be updated / keep coming for Geralt as well.

1 hour ago, Magnek Fang said:

Well, I do have a question about the Geralt. Can you turn the nipples off? I tried the demo the other day and used a Omega applier on it. I swear to gods the nipples on the skin and the nipples on the body didn't match up at all.

thats typical for "just" omega appliers, those have the risk to use a general texture and not fitted to other bodies. Thats mostly why most skin creators make dedicated appliers, so it fits perfectly.

When you buy omega appliers special for geralt you won't have this problem. ( unless you of course buy from a lazy/scamming creator who calls everything special made for several brands...while he only ripped textures and glued in a applier.)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Well. Clothing is hit and miss with Geralt. Standard sizes - mostly Small with my current shape, rather than the Mediums I usually wear on Gianni.. Slink tops don't fit well but pants are better. Alphas needed for all. The issue here is that everything (Standard fits and Slink) fits too far forward in comparison with the body so everything has a gap at the front and needs alphas at the back. So things like tanks and shorts are probably going to need clothes made specially for Geralt.

Curiously, the closest fit for shirts is TMP, but TMP pants are way too skinny.

What initially seemed like a big disappointment for me was that the hands are on the same mesh rather than separate like they are on Gianni, so it's not possible to wear just one hand like I usually do. Then I realised that the alpha hud will actually alpha out just one hand (or parts of it), and also one foot, which wasn't ever possible with Gianni. So that's nice. 

So my verdict is, I really like this body; the shape is better for me than Gianni, so I bought it. But I won't be boxing up Gianni until there are more clothes available for Geralt.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.