Connect Jeogeot to Sansara with a channel (or even Sansara to Satori?)

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Perhaps better would be a thin green line along the edge of the sim to indicate that going off the edge is going into a wormhole/portal, and a similar one along the edge of the sim at the other end of the wormhole/portal, which wouldn't be next to the first sim, or even in line with it on the map.

Yep, this is true Phil, and likely better. Could even be at 50% opacity like the cardinal points. Not enough to be obtrusive, but enough for a vehicle user to know to head that-a-way. And, of course, on the minimap too.

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

It doesn't seem to be all that long since the map was modified, but it's probably a lot longer ago than it seems.

To be fair, Oz' comment may have been specifically about the mesh bug. Fixing that one would require a fundamental change to how the basic map tiles are generated. Adding a "wormhole signs" layer on top fo the tiles is probably far easier.

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

But I still think that openspace water sims is the way to do it if LL fancies obliging the OP. It's certainly the quickest and easiest. The wormhole idea is desirable but is fanciful imagination. Not fanciful because it can't really be accomplished, but fanciful because there's precious little chance of LL actually doing it.

Whereas there is a chance they'll open strings of sims to connect the continents?

Realistically, either option would of course require a paradigm shift in LL's fundamental attitude towards mainland. But maybe that has happened - I owuldn't rule it out completely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Whereas there is a chance they'll open strings of sims to connect the continents?

No, I don't think they'll do that either, but, if they were going to oblige the OP, then I think that would be the way they would do it, simply because it's the quick 'n' easy way. It would require what? 4 machines @ 16 openspace sims per machine? That's not taking the cloud into account. If it were me, I'd do it the wormhole way because it's much more interesting, both programmatically and user-wise, and it would add another little feature to SL.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'm always caught by surprise how popular the area of the Jeogeot Gulf is and how much history it has.

A couple of years ago, I simply came across a cliff-side plot in Rundlelawn and eventually bought it for the view 

It's just a super-duper pity it suffers from that shocking terrible Mud texture in places like Cha.

Of all the SL ground textures I am not sure if I dislike Mud or Granite more.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.