Why non Americans marching?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was surprised to see a map of worldwide March locations for the 24th. Since the USA is the only place in the world with devastating rates of gun violence, along with weak gun laws, why are others marching? 

Edited by Pamela Galli

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

I was surprised to see a map of worldwide March locations for the 24th. Since the USA is the only place in the world with devastating rates of gun violence, along with weak gun laws, why are others marching? 

Just an idea, maybe for ex pats and Americans living overseas?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-03-29/guns-kill-about-40000-brazilians-every-year-some-lawmakers-think-more-guns-will

There's more to the world than the United States and Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

"March with us in London so collective and global voices of the March For Our Lives movement will be heard. Follow us on Twitter @LondonMFOL!! Calling all ex-pats, abroad students, and concerned allies alike!"

And, well, there's a lot of support from other countries around the world as we look at the US in horror..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

a lot of support from other countries around the world as we look at the US in horror..

For an  abundance of reasons —- and so appreciated.  After so many months frozen with horrror, these spots of light mean everything.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Something definitely needs to be done about the violence in our inner cities across the country..

If something ever needed to be fixed,it is there more than anywhere else..  social media loves to make the violence that is random here and there seem like it is the real problem,when really it's where it's happening every single day and night that needs the attention..

This hasn't been something that has been going on for just a few months..This is something that has been going on long before I was born and gets overshadowed..

I spent the first part of my life in the inner city of Chicago.. I've lived in the suburbs and in the country..The north and the south..

Nowhere was I programmed to hit the floor at a loud noise,like I was in the inner city..

I have three sons, And I am so grateful to have been fortunate enough to give them a much better safer place to live..

Thank you to all those that will be marching :x

Ceka<3

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.