Tattoos & Symmetry

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've only recently started looking at tattoos - never before been a tattoo person.   Thus I seldom pay too much attention to such talks here on the forums.  Yet I do vaguely remember something lately about tattoos and them being applied to one side vs both.  I saw an ad today that brought this up for me.  Per the picture below, is this really possible on all mesh bodies or only some that give special tattoo features? 

image.png.58c0d29d75716334d88bbb533dba2e94.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Legs yes, arms no. Unless it's with the Slink bodies, maybe others. I've slept since then.

Ahhh, so for some odd reason, the 'same on both sides' thing only applies to arms.  Good to know, but that seems awfully strange.  By the same token, I know nothing about the avatar mesh.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ahhh, so for some odd reason, the 'same on both sides' thing only applies to arms.  Good to know, but that seems awfully strange.  By the same token, I know nothing about the avatar mesh.

It's because the template only has one arm.

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/AVUVTemplates.html

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some mesh bodies allow you to hide one arm or both on the tattoo layer - the Signature Gianni hud will do this - so you can have a tattoo on one arm only. However if it's in any way integrated with the tattoo on the upper torso it's going to look a bit odd.

And as far as I can tell, there's no way to have different tattoos on each arm.

55 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Some mesh bodies allow you to hide one arm or both on the tattoo layer - the Signature Gianni hud will do this - so you can have a tattoo on one arm only. However if it's in any way integrated with the tattoo on the upper torso it's going to look a bit odd.

And as far as I can tell, there's no way to have different tattoos on each arm.

Yes, the Slink and Gianni body let you have different tattoos on each arm. https://strawberrysingh.com/2017/06/24/letis-tattoo-modular-tattoos-hud/

There is a rather extreme work around for those using bodies other than the Slink and Gianni. This might be viable for photography. The work around is to wear 2 copies of the body and alpha out all by one arm on one and only alpha the arm on the other. Apply the two different tats to each body separately and then wear the two bodies at the same time. You're doubling your body geometry by doing so and why I say it's an extreme work around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

There is a rather extreme work around for those using bodies other than the Slink and Gianni. This might be viable for photography. The work around is to wear 2 copies of the body and alpha out all by one arm on one and only alpha the arm on the other. Apply the two different tats to each body separately and then wear the two bodies at the same time. You're doubling your body geometry by doing so and why I say it's an extreme work around. 

Might be a bit complex and result in a higher render, but definitely a good idea for a picture if you really only want the tat on one arm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.