Lumiya mobile client no longer on 3rd party viewer list?

Diana Tyran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm only a hobby investigator, but I have noticed a correlation to when Lumiya was readily available from the app store and PHISHING scammers on Second Life.   I was messaged by two of them over the course of 3 years, and my friend had the same.

Also, on a the russian Lumiya page, all the comments are about sexual offers, some lonely woman asking for you to take care of her sort of scam beginnings, and offers on where to buy drugs, 

it could be just spam bots posting over and over on an innocent dead comment section, but.....

I know several men who have been scammed by Russian Brides on like rosebride.com or phishing scams on facebook.

So doesn't it just SEEM LIKELY that Lumiya could have been taken down because it was probably linked to some scam, but there wasn't enough proof of it to officially say that's why it was taken down?  

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I KNOW THIS!  I'm going to change my app settings to disallow Lumiya access to photos, media, files on my android phone device :P

But I hope I am wrong, I e-mailed and SL messaged the creator asking if she needs help, hopefully we can pool together to help her keep running Lumiya if she needs it? 😕

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think Lumiya is a conduit that allows scammers an easier time in SL.  The comments left on the OP's web site are not evidence of anything, except her absence.

However, her absence means that Lumiya's not being supported or developed any more.  I think you should not only change the app's permissions on your phone, but uninstall it.  If and when the developer is able to resume supporting it, you can reinstall it.

you can still get and use the lumiya client if you want to for android phones. It is still safe to use it, just hasnt been updated in two years. I used it on my phone and my tablet when not at home or near a pc where I can use a pc client instead.

you need to download aptoide first and install it.

https://en.aptoide.com/download

then search for lumiya and install it, you can then unistall aptoide.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.