Lumiya mobile client no longer on 3rd party viewer list?

Diana Tyran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On 2/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Lumiya is a Russian product.  I wonder if there has been some problem with their own access to the Internet?

From what I heard she is in hiding in her home country shortly after having a public interview about being LGBT in Russia. 

On 2/18/2018 at 12:03 PM, Monti Messmer said:

If the creators account gets banned from access SL the viewer is removed from the TPV

BUT, the viewer still works.

The only reason a viewer gets blocked would be using "illegal" functions, doubt thats the cause here.

More likely that users cannot connect because SL acting up especially using non wired internet.

Monti

I'm not entirely sure she is banned my guess is she deleted her account as she is supposedly in hiding 

1 hour ago, Emmettt666 said:

I'm not entirely sure she is banned my guess is she deleted her account as she is supposedly in hiding 

You are quoting conjectures in old posts in a now-ancient thread.  The current, relevant post is Nalates's, just above yours:

On 7/12/2019 at 2:57 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

Lumiya disappeared from the list for what I'll call more bureaucratic reasons than technical or security reasons.

It sounds like the same reason that Cool VL Viewer isn't on the list anymore.  It is one of the best viewers, and the developer consistently integrates recent changes from the Linden Lab viewers within a week or two.  Some third-party viewers like Firestorm take 3 months or longer to integrate the same changes.  But they require so much personal information to be on the list now.  People outside the USA especially tend to not want to give up unnecessary personal information for no reason.

16 hours ago, Sayrah Parx said:

But they require so much personal information to be on the list now.  People outside the USA especially tend to not want to give up unnecessary personal information for no reason.

Priorities are priorities, though if LL is requires more in-depth RL information on Viewer developers then I'm all for it. If I'm going to put that app onto my hardware I want to know it's been vetted well and if something goes amiss, I want LL to be able to go after the ones who put it out there. I'll not detail the Emerald Viewer drama of a few years ago, but that is case-in-point. If this means fewer Viewer choices then hurray for fewer Viewer choices.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Priorities are priorities, though if LL is requires more in-depth RL information on Viewer developers then I'm all for it. If I'm going to put that app onto my hardware I want to know it's been vetted well and if something goes amiss, I want LL to be able to go after the ones who put it out there. I'll not detail the Emerald Viewer drama of a few years ago, but that is case-in-point. If this means fewer Viewer choices then hurray for fewer Viewer choices.

The Lindens make it clear they do NOT vet the viewers on the list.

They will however remove a viewer from the list if user complaints show it does not comply with Linden Lab terms.

The Lindens only take responsibility for the viewer they build.

AFAIK, the extent of the Lindens going after a bad viewer is to remove it from the list. In the case of the Emerald debacle they banned some people from SL.

The viewers on the list have been used by enough users to find any problem. But, so has Cool VL Viewer which is not on the list. 

Selecting a viewer other than the Linden made default viewer incurs a risk. We are each personally responsible for our choice. As far as the Lab is concerned... if you have security concerns, use the Linden made viewer. Otherwise you are on your own. They will not allow a known bad player to remain on the list. But, they do not investigate a new applicant or dig through the code... very much an innocent until proven guilty.

9 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Selecting a viewer other than the Linden made default viewer incurs a risk

I agree completely! I, for one, actually love the LL viewer (for me it's also very fast and feels more nimble than most others) though I use the CTS Wardrobe, which requires the RLVa, so... Hahaha (But working on rebuilding the LL Outfits picker so I can use it more often.) Okay, enough of that. So, if the viewers are not vetted and if something gets stupid and the Lab won't seek any recompense or "justice" in any form, why would they want *any* RL information? (Rhetorical question.)

I suppose this is the main gist of @Sayrah Parx's comment. ~shrugs~

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree completely! I, for one, actually love the LL viewer (for me it's also very fast and feels more nimble than most others) though I use the CTS Wardrobe, which requires the RLVa, so... Hahaha (But working on rebuilding the LL Outfits picker so I can use it more often.) Okay, enough of that. So, if the viewers are not vetted and if something gets stupid and the Lab won't seek any recompense or "justice" in any form, why would they want *any* RL information? (Rhetorical question.)

I suppose this is the main gist of @Sayrah Parx's comment. ~shrugs~

Rhetorical or not... They haven't really said. I suppose if they have a problem, they want to be able to associate it with a RL person and avoid future problems from the same person. Also, providing RL information indicates a level of responsibility not present with an anonymous submittal.

hmmm I want to try this but I aint paying for something that creator don't upodate im asking cause I have friend when she logs in it flashes all time so she cant play on laptop 

she loves imvu and ever since I showed her she loves it also she lives in another state and love to keep in contact through sl as im trying to make it more fun formyself know this was free years ago but know on slide me it cost I spoken to people in support chat and they saying it don't work so plzz can someone tell me how she can play on android or ipdad plzzzzz cant remote screen it cause u loose connection when u far away willing to pay for working app if u make 1

Discovered Lumiya was not on Android Play Store today when I was populating a new phone with app.  Here is the solution I used .

1) get the APK Extractor app on your old phone.

2) Make a bluetooth connection from old phone to new

3) Run APK Extractor -- click on the 3 dots on Lumiya from the list of all your apps that will be displayed

4) Select share and then bluetooth.  You will need to look for a notice on the new phone to accept the transfer.

5) Once transferred open the lumiya install file with the app installer. If you don't get a prompt for what action to take with the file,   you may need to use a file or storage manager app to locate it.   You WILL need to "allow installation from unknown sources"   (It's good idea to turn that back off once you're done.)

6) For me, Lumiya installed with all of my history and passwords ready to use.  *smiles*

Me gusta entrar a SL por Lumiya aplicación pero dejo de funcionar por favor de actualizar La Aplicación o si puedes crea otra forma de entrar atrave de Tu móvil gracias lindo día/🙄
I like to enter SL by Lumiya application but I stop working please update the Application or if you can create another way to enter through Your mobile thanks nice day😒

1 minute ago, Barbie Davi said:

please someone who has a solution for lumiya😫

Its 2019, internet and cellphones still seem to be a new thing. So you cant expect from LindenLabs to develop their own mobile client for android and iOS.
Maybe we will get that kind of present in 2025, when Sansar lifts off the ground like a rocket. ;)

If you find sarcasm, keep it :)

12 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Its 2019, internet and cellphones still seem to be a new thing. So you cant expect from LindenLabs to develop their own mobile client for android and iOS.
Maybe we will get that kind of present in 2025, when Sansar lifts off the ground like a rocket. ;)

If you find sarcasm, keep it :)

oh wow will touch wait🙃👐🧘‍♀️

5 hours ago, Monti Messmer said:

LL announced a their own mobile client (beta).

Not sure if android or iOS or both.

Just be patient 😴

Monti

honestly i hope if it does come out soon they make it for both and not just pull the bog standard apple only thing. 

Just now, Parhelion Palou said:

It's iOS, Android comes later. It's also a text client, as in used for chatting with people in-world. LL says they may add more features later.

primarily text client oh joy as if their isnt a dozen of those already out there. and the whole may and more features later is not very promising. 

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There actually aren't that many of them, and the ones that exist either cost money AND/or have terrible user interface & experience.

thats my point their are like 6-8 of them across ios and android and their all either scams or complete buggy trash. heck i remember one for android i forget the name but you had to buy the app then pay weekly for a attachment to your avi and you could only chat locally. 

Lumiya still works as of Dec 2019, all except animations. Has to be version 3.4.2, which I understand was the last reldased, to render bento hands. I transferred my licensed version from an old mobile to a new android 10 mobile using Zapya. Works fine, but had to buy new license for older version using slideme installation, then update using Zapya transferred version.

Edited by divaganga
Typo corrected

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.