Weird textures

leGustav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

You didn't give us the tech on your computer. So, we are guessing. But, video driver is the most likely cause.

When you ask a tech question include your computer and viewer info. Use the viewer's Help->About... to collect the info and paste it in you post.

Also, the newest driver is not necessarily the best. Search here for your video card model and see if others are having issues.

17 hours ago, leGustav said:

Only some textures are causing problems?

Most likely causes are either corruption of your texture cache, or a possible problem with certain types of shader due to an OS update messing with your OpenGL support.

Clear the texture cache (this is one of those occasions when this IS actually useful).

If that doesn't fix it, turn off OS auto updates, and reinstall the gfx card drivers.

If that fails, roll back to the previous gfx card drivers.

2 hours ago, sassyclassyxoxo said:

how do i fix my Slink Physique Mesh Body ,i see black patches on my arms and legs,

First thing I'd do is relog.  Sometimes things get odd in SL.  If that is a no go, clearing your texture cache can possibly fix it, cince it would seem to be a texture issue.  Also, pulling out a new copy of the body itself might take care of the problem.

12 hours ago, sassyclassyxoxo said:

i did ,itmakes my body dissappear

This can happen if you have out of date graphics drivers & you have an AMD or an Intel card.

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life / Viewer name, click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system infoirmation into a comment here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.