flat cardboard box can anyone link me one?

shota Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The cheapest way:

1. Find a cardboard box in RL.

2. Flatten it.

3. Take a picture with your cell phone.

4. Use GIMP or Photoshop to crop the photo, scale it to 256 x 256 px, and do any other minor editing.

5. Upload to SL.

6. Apply to a flat prim.

It will take maybe 15 minutes and cost you L$10, and you will have your own unique flat box.  ;)

• Like 2

you know , i ran into a similar dilemma once when trying to come up with a suitable brain texture that I could later use on prims or mesh or sculpt for easy mapping on flat or rounded surfaces. The problem I ran into upon my search was , I came across a lot of Brain textures that were perfect for the job , but, they were listed on medical anatomy reference sites and they wanted anywhere up to $300.00 for the license to use.

ok so , scrap that whole idea because I was not about to pay $300.00 for a usage license of any sort. so I went back to what i knew which was materials, so in photoshop I created a mud texture, with even parallel cracks and veins , and the  i proceeded to apply a ripple effect and slight smudge. I repeated this until I had the base of a good gray matter wrinkle feel going on, and then I simply applied layer after layer of specular effects as needed alone with any contrast adjusting. 

It only took me a matter of 30 minutes to complete (after the final pigment was added in variations) but it only cost me $L10 to upload into SL and came out much nicer and more fitting to the SL environment than I expected. If I had simply downloaded and reused a picture of a rl brain , then that uncanny valley effect would not be quite even and would infact make the whatever piece I was making look amateurish at best. So I definitely encourage anyone to tackle making their own version if they can. It a great challenge and worth the end results.

Edited by Hunter Stern

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.