any store to buy middle aged faces?

tabsterLasVegas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Go to Market Place and type in keywords "middle age". I did so and found four middle age avi's for sale, two male and two female.

I don't think one can list a store name here in the forum (can be construed as advertising).

Welcome to SL.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

You can of course buy an avatar package, which would a skin, a shape, and possibly other things. But you can also buy a skin on its own, and pair it with a shape which you can easily compose yourself. The skin type depends on whether you use a mesh head or not. If not, then you want a skin package that includes a classic skin, otherwise one that includes an applier compatible with your mesh head or with Omega (most likely).

14 hours ago, tabsterLasVegas said:

I'd like to change my avatar to have a middle aged face. Is there any store that offer such a thing? I'd bet there's a lot of middle aged people on 2 Life. I'd rather look my age then wander 2nd Life in some 20 something body.

I am sorry, I didn't see you were new. So mesh avatars is probably out of the question.

The skins are young, I agree with you in that. To find something between young supermodel and old crone is difficult. I will recommend you to pick up a young skin and then age it by using a wrinkles tattoo layer over. Residents under 30 days old can find a free skin in stores like Pink Fuel. A wrinkles tattoo is not free.... But it is not expensive either. You are free to change your skin in the future and still use the tattoo layers over any skin.

I have suggested products before and it's not removed. As long as it is relevant to the question and not negative flaming.

So searching for "wrinkles" on the Marketplace gives you some packs to work with:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=371&search[keywords]=wrinkles&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[maturity][]=Adult&search

=1&search[per_page]=96

Please ignore those who is listed as: Works with mesh avatars. You want: Works with classic avatars and it must be stated that they are tattoo layers. I will recommend you to start with the DEMO for Mitika Designs and the DEMO for Izzie's. You add the layer(s) you want. If you ADD and not WEAR, you can put on up to 5 tattoo layers at the same time and experiment. Wear replaces the layers, add adds a new one over the other(s).

You can also tint layers, and I found a video that shows it quite well. It does not matter that it's tinting of a hairbase. It is worn on a tattoo layer. ;)

There are actually some excellent middle aged male skins out there. Unfortunately a search of the Marketplace comes up with a couple of brands -- neither that would be my picks for very different reasons that don't matter here. 

I suggest looking around INWORLD would be your best plan. Unfortunately for new folks that don't want to jump into the whole mesh body thing (which I really don't think you should do now :D) it is more difficult as many creators are making only for mesh bodies now. 

Two things are very important.

DEMO the skin on your body as it will NOT look like the vendor photo unless perhaps the same shape is included in the skin pack (happens sometimes). 

Note that some skins will be called "classic" for the older style avatar which we are assuming you are using.  The other will be for various male mesh bodies (Slink, Signature, TMP etc will show up on the vendor photo). You cannot wear a skin made for a mesh body on a classic body.

YES VERY CONFUSING. Take your time. Maybe getting a free beard on the Marketplace or whatever would help (or a mask) LOL. 

Try to think of it as a learning adventure and remember we have all been new at one time :D. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.