New Second Life Fad I Guess

OksanaSedia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 05/09/2017 at 5:02 AM, Pussycat Catnap said:

These tall people who get upset about height need to learn to get over it. Some of us want our avatars to have realistic proportions, and it is almost if not impossible to do that when you get too tall.

Yet they are still around - as the very fact the OP started this thread to complain about short avatars proves it.

As much as we try to educate them to use a damned measing prim, there are still huge clumps of people (normally with fat necks, and tiny heads) who think they are normal and anyone under 9 foot tall is a child.

• Like 2

I have a board I use when making shapes.  It is a block prim, tapered and flattened to show 3 faces together.  On the center is the old builder's scale texture but sized to 8 squares tall by 4 squares wide.  On the sides I have drawing proportions guides for 8 head tall figures.  Once everything is set I resize the prim until the y axis is the height I want to be.  Usually between 5'9" (175cm) and 6'2" (188cm).  Then I put the prim so that it is just clipping my back and edit my shape to fit the guide.

I know my prim height exactly before I even start editing my shape :)

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BLUExANGEL said:

She looks a bit too young to be in her early twentys.

To me, she could be anything between 16 and 23. I'm surrounded by people in that age group and you could not say for sure who of them is at what age.

I'm in my mid-twenties and still get mistaken for being just 18.

53 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

To me, she could be anything between 16 and 23. I'm surrounded by people in that age group and you could not say for sure who of them is at what age.

I'm in my mid-twenties and still get mistaken for being just 18.

SO MUCH YES! With the teens nowadays you just can´t tell anymore...  I had the same till I turned 30 and my grey hair started to peak out of my skalp. If my hair falls nicely I still get asked for ID when buying wine  ...which makes me blush^^

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.