Glam Affair skins tones in Maitreya

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't find the right post I wanted to reply to.

Anyway, this might be useful info.

People have asked about the skin tones in the Maitreya HUD and how they match to the GA names. 
Going left to right on the HUD they are:
Pearl, Artic, Europa, Asia, America, Jamaica, Exotic, India, Tropic and Africa

maitreya-hud-3-v3-4.jpg.4694f7738a83ff50a0fad5650a697920.jpg

• Like 7

I managed to find that in a really old blog post somewhere last night and wondered if it was still accurate.  I was actually somewhat surprised that it was not documented in the notecard that came with Lara.

Please confirm the last bit of my confusion related to this stuff:   Since the folder does not have any actual system skins, I'm assuming that means that in order to use the above appliers and get a proper match to my classic system head, I need to go buy a Glam Affair skin in whichever of those applier tones I prefer - correct?

In the past, I've received some 'makeup' as a system Tattoo item.  In the skin stores, there are lots of things that look like makeup options.  Are these full skins with just different makeup or are some of them system tattoos instead of system skins?  Wondering if I might have to worry about accidentally grabbing a makeup tattoo when I really want a skin.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In the past, I've received some 'makeup' as a system Tattoo item.  In the skin stores, there are lots of things that look like makeup options.  Are these full skins with just different makeup or are some of them system tattoos instead of system skins?

Like the other two said, if there's anything saying "applier" or "[insert major mesh head brand here] / Omega", those make-ups are meant for mesh heads. Those have seperate layers for make-up, much like the "classic" system tattoo layers which you could wear on top of any skins.

Maybe wait and check tomorrow's Fifty Linden Friday list, if you're really lucky, G.A. might be participating with a skin.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info.  I made it to Glam Affair and grabbed every system skin demo they had in the shades that I'm interested in.  My old skin tone fell between the GA America and Jamaica and thus neither of those really seems like "me".   I'll likely soon be hitting up bunches of other skins stores to see what shades they have, but at least now I have a solid understanding of what I'm looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 8:38 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Thanks for all the info.  I made it to Glam Affair and grabbed every system skin demo they had in the shades that I'm interested in.  My old skin tone fell between the GA America and Jamaica and thus neither of those really seems like "me".   I'll likely soon be hitting up bunches of other skins stores to see what shades they have, but at least now I have a solid understanding of what I'm looking for.

Did you happen to see the Rina skin there at all? It was released in June and can't find it in Glam Affair & Tableau Vivant or Glam affair II.. Nothing on the market either..

even went tyo Collabor88 and zip zilch..

This is one of the main reasons I like the market place..no wild goose chases hehehe

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Did you happen to see the Rina skin there at all? It was released in June and can't find it in Glam Affair & Tableau Vivant or Glam affair II.. Nothing on the market either..

even went tyo Collabor88 and zip zilch..

This is one of the main reasons I like the market place..no wild goose chases hehehe

I grabbed every single demo that was there, but Rina is not in the batch.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I grabbed every single demo that was there, but Rina is not in the batch.

I'm thinking it was one that you could only get at the time of the event..

But while reading blogs ,people kept saying they got it at Glam.. Oh well,live and learn I guess.. hehehe

Last skin I saw that they added at the applier store on Glam Affair II was one that came out at the events in April. They sometimes wait and put a bunch up from the last few months all in one go. If it was an applier it'll be at Glam Affair II, my sis in law is waiting for them to put up Karina I think it's called because she wants a lighter tone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.