I came, I saw, I left... (again)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seemed about time for my annual visit to whatever is passing for a forum these days.  I have to say this new format actually looks pretty damn good.  That Jive stuff was the pits and good riddance!

I rummaged around here for a while and navigation was a bit of a challenge but that is true of any new environment.  What I failed miserably to find was any place that had some heart and soul.  It all seemed a tad sterile.

Sure, there are the odd posts here in Off Topic and one other section whose name escapes me (it was obviously that memorable) but I got no sense of community.  Not that I was ever that active in the original forums (fora for Pep) but they were certainly entertaining and though I was mostly on the sideline it felt like home, family - warts, black sheep, skeletons and all.

Maybe it will just take time, I don't even know how long this new forum has been active.

Maybe next time I will stay a little longer.

Until then I bid you adieu and wish you well.

Rime 

This version of the forum has been live for nearly two months.  It is still getting it's bearings and, yes, there are many subfora but several were created at the request of residents (so, we are, in effect, creating our own forum 'reality').   If you do not see something you'd like to read or comment on, think of  a topic and post!  Get something started!

And, welcome back.

Rime Wirsing wrote:

What I failed miserably to find was any place that had some heart and soul.  It all seemed a tad sterile.

I'm so sorry,  I'll apologize to you.

We try to do better from now on.

We will try everything is to your liking for your next visit.

Sorry for not getting what you want and you deserve.

Thanks for visiting.

I concur.  I come on here now only when the next most interesting entertainment option currently available to me is catheterizing myself with the sharp, jagged end of a broken glass test tube.  Navigation is a pain and frankly after an hour prowling through it tonight, I have found nothing really interesting at all.

I do find it hilarious that with all their silly little "topics" the one with by far the most threads and posts is.... the off-topic topic.

So can we take it that if you're not posting here, you're sitting somewhere with rubber and glass stuffed up your willy? Can I recommend, then, that you keep posting! Unless you enjoy it... :smileyvery-happy:

And as for the thread about "Off Topic" being long and "off-topic," that's just common or garden irony at work, or even better, Absurdism at its best! The "Off Topic" topic is deliciously paradoxical and deserves a long run in the Grand Guignol that is the SL Forums.

But in case I'm missing something, I'm off to find myself a hose pipe and a broken bottle...

i kind of like the layout with all the sections..we have machinima which we can go to or fashion or art  or whatever..no digging..just hit the section and either start a thread or join one that relates to what you are looking for..

it sure beats people ARing picture threads after people go to all the trouble of making something in photoshop ..only to have the ARtards AR the whole thread and everyones work is gone nevewr to be seen again..

it's not hard at all to find what i am looking for..

i did have to set my selection to date of post instead of thread so that i could see the active ones..but that was no biggy to find either..they sure are better than that jive crap we were stuck with thats for sure hehehe

You have it backwards - if I am posting here, I may be so bored that I do indeed have, well, you get the picture.

Amazing that my post is still here whereas my less graphic new thread asking people for suggestions for best body parts was quietly removed.  Just one more reason to "veni, vidi, exit".

Tolya, many things:

i was like you, at first i came and didnt comment for a while, confused to where things were, learning the new dynamics, a forum newbie, once you learn how this new forums work, you get the flow of posting. this is just starting and its starting to step up now that the posters adapted to the new format.

learn about it as you wish, you tried to test the new boundaries by starting a "naughty bits" thread, pep also has tested the boundaries with "helping teens with their gender bending", now you know them, and its not so hard to adapt to them.

remember what attracted you here, where's the real value, you didnt came to admire a nice website, you came because of the people. some of those people that keep the forums interesting was you. if you dont post in the forums you are taking with you what you are looking for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.