Attachment That Will Not Come Off

ravencrisler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a bracelet stuck on one of my avi's wrists and it will not detach.  I have tried everything from detach to remove from current outfit - even looked for a way to just delete the bracelet altogether.  Nothing worked.  Has anyone had this happen?  If so, how did you resolve it?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

8 answers to this question

If in fact RLV was enabled and this in fact is why the bracelet couldn't be removed, then disabling RLV would have allowed it's removal without using a different viewer.

RLV would only prevent it's removal if either a) the attachment used rlv, or b) some other rlv attachment was in use..

Sounds more like standard client side inventory list damage, logging in with a different viewer, with a different copy of the inv list, allows detachment of the item, but basically you should do the 'missing inventory recovery thing, clear viewer history (inventory cache in FS) and relog someplace quiet, odds are if you have one borked item there may be others you dont know about yet, fix early for less pain.

From my understanding of how this kind of thing happens is having more then one item attached to the same attachment point.  Usually someone will only see one of the items attached and even if you detach all the other items on that point  the effected item still won't detach. Relogging fixes it. Not sure if switching sims will fix it or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.