Maitreya or Tonic Curvy

Brianne Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I know most folk ask the question, 'Which is the best mesh body?' Even I asked this one myself, but I finally am down to two bodies that I really love, but want some insight to user experience. So, if you didn't notice the title, I'm torn between Maitreya and Tonic Curvy. 

I love the shape of the Tonic Curvy and it's the cheaper body which is nice for my wallet, but Maitreya seems to have a larger market with clothing and all that. I do have plans to purchase the Catwa bento head Catya in the near future as well, in case that has any impact on the pros and cons deal.

I will say that Maitreya are taking a larger and larger market. Today, many make and sell Maitreya only clothes/accessories, and it seems to me that this is increasing.

This is mostly for mesh clothes.

Tonic has Omega built in, so if you like applier clothing best, this will give you a large selection to pick from.

I see that it is possible to wear Slink shoes with the feet, another bonus.

I am not sure if they have their hands updated to Bento. If not, and you want fingers that move, you must buy a set of Slink hands, and then you are up to 100 L over Maitreya price. Ask the creator of Tonic about Bento updates.

For neck fit to the Catwa head, I am not sure how well it is. Best thing is to get a head demo and try. Catwa and Maitreya has a perfect neck fit.

For skin appliers, the applier you use for the Catwa head, you will have to find an applier for the Tonic Curvy or Omega. If not, you will have a matching problem.

I am not sure if this will be an issue. A lot of skin makers have Omega body appliers.

There really isn't any new insight we could offer you here. You already listed everything there is. You have to deciede for yourself, if youb rather go for the Tonic (which you seem to prefer) and accept that it doesn't hold the Nr. 1 marketposition.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I will say that Maitreya are taking a larger and larger market. Today, many make and sell Maitreya only clothes/accessories, and it seems to me that this is increasing.

This is mostly for mesh clothes.

Tonic has Omega built in, so if you like applier clothing best, this will give you a large selection to pick from.

I see that it is possible to wear Slink shoes with the feet, another bonus.

I am not sure if they have their hands updated to Bento. If not, and you want fingers that move, you must buy a set of Slink hands, and then you are up to 100 L over Maitreya price. Ask the creator of Tonic about Bento updates.

For neck fit to the Catwa head, I am not sure how well it is. Best thing is to get a head demo and try. Catwa and Maitreya has a perfect neck fit.

For skin appliers, the applier you use for the Catwa head, you will have to find an applier for the Tonic Curvy or Omega. If not, you will have a matching problem.

I am not sure if this will be an issue. A lot of skin makers have Omega body appliers.

Tonic now has Bento hands and offer a specific Catwa head fitter.

One thing I've noticed is that the really cheap, common full-perm meshes out there that offer Tonic fits tend to work well with Tonic bodies compared to how they work with other brands they support. Tonic may give out more useful information in their developer kits. You'll be able to find a decent amount of cheap clothing built from template kits that works well, but you'll have very little support from those clothing makers who make their own meshes.

I can say that as a blogger I get VERY VERY few mesh clothes that are fitted for Tonic. There are a few template makers for clothes that seem to be making templates for Tonic though. If it was ME, I would go with Maitreya since it has a huge share of the market (for a reason *wink*) and more and more designers are ONLY making for Maitreya. 

BUT that being said, the real test (and a fun one) would be to get the demo body on and go around your favorite designers and see what might fit. OR look up mesh clothes for Tonic on the Marketplace and get some demos.

Unless you plan to spend most of your time naked (certainly a choice) then finding clothes (just like the HUDS) is an important part of choosing IMHO>

I wear Maiytreya all the time..It just seems to have the most support from creators..I like my Belleza also..

I really liked my TMP,but just wish they had a better system and didn't feel so separated from the rest of the systems..I just feel like a dumped a lot of money on the wrong horse with that one..It's a shame too because it really was my favorite..Just hate that I can't really shop freely like I can with the other two...Otherwise I'd be wearing it all the time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.