Looking for help

Princesscml

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Princesscml said:

I am wanting to set up cheap skybox rentals on my club land, and just need some help figuring everything out. Like what all would i need?

You definitely want a good rental system, managing rentals manually is far more work than it's worth. CasperLet is by far the most popular but there are other alternatives too.

People are going to ask for security orbs so you might as well buy that right away too, preferably one that is compatible with your rental system so tenants are added to the access list automatically. It is important to note that ban lines don't work for sky boxes.

If you are on mainland and a considerate SL'er, keep the skyboxes above 1000 m, try your best to keep them out of sight from open sky installations in the vicinity and please add a little bit of content on the ground - even a system tree or two is better than a completely empty plot.

Keep the skyboxes at least 300-400 m away from each other

You need a land group and deed the land to it. That's the only way to allow tenants to rez without opening the land to anybody.

Recommended land settings:

• Object tab - Auto return: Probably 1-10 minutes (do not under any circumstance turn auto return off. Even if general object entry and building are disabled, stray objects can and will occasionally end up on the parcel).
  • Options tab - Allow other Resdients to...: on mainland, everything. On an island you may want to switch off build for everyone
  • Options tab - No Pushing: make sure it is on!
  • Options tab - Avatars on other parcels can see and...: You probably want that switched off for rental land
  • Options tab - Teleport routing: Anywhere (or the tenants won't be able to tp to their skyboxes)
  • Sound - Restrict gesture and object sounds: keep it switched off if possible.
  • Sound - Voice: Make sure it's on. Tenants will want to talk in their skyboxes
  • Access: Anyone can visit.

On 07/06/2017 at 7:24 AM, Princesscml said:

Club is on the same land. but different parcel.

1) It will still lag the hell out of your renters if you have an event with a lot of peope attending wearing high script stuff.

2) Also, at worst, during an event you could reach the max number of avatars allowed on the sim with club goers and thus, no tenant will be able to even get to their skybox until people leave.

3) Any sensible person would not freely choose to live on a sim alongside a club. It's too unpredictable concerning lag and being able to get onto the sim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

1) It will still lag the hell out of your renters if you have an event with a lot of peope attending wearing high script stuff.

Isn't it about time we put the "script lag" myth to rest now?

Edit: On second thought, a club may have people tp'ing in all the time and that is the one occasion when scripts in general actually do cause lag. But even so, please stop that nonsense about scripts in general causing lag. Linden Lab sorted out that issue years ago.

Edited by ChinRey
Adding a disclaimer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Isn't it about time we put the "script lag" myth to rest now?

Edit: On second thought, a club may have people tp'ing in all the time and that is the one occasion when scripts in general actually do cause lag. But even so, please stop that nonsense about scripts in general causing lag. Linden Lab sorted out that issue years ago.

Apparently quite a few don't know that.  I got booted from a destination because I had on too many scripts and didn't get the count down quick enough.

Yeah, scripts coming into a sim (and to a lesser extent, leaving) cause quite a bit of lag, that subsides once the scripts are loaded and properly controlled by the scheduler. 

Hence a destination does itself no favors by immediately kicking a newly-arrived high-script-count avatar: the worst of the damage is already done. (On the other hand, there's a form of griefing that depends on extremely large numbers of attached scripts, so it may make sense for some venues to try to protect themselves from that -- although any response would almost always be far too late, so they'd mostly end up booting non-griefers anyway.)

• Like 5

@ChinRey but didn't LL solve this by slowing down scripts all together? Which then creates "the sensation of lag" for some. Plus doors close slowly, etc.

I never rent to clubs because it's too much work and trouble. I used to have a club and rentals on the same sim. Bad idea, and not just for lag. Griefers bother the apart-dwellers, etc. If the theory is that people meet in the club and retire to their apartments, they don't. They want to keep them very separate, I've found.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.