Sally Hurricane

How to remove hovertext

Question

7 answers to this question

Try to detach all. The re-attach one by one. It could also be a follower prim not attached to you at all. Try teleporting to a different sim.

• Like 3

If you click to the "Worn items" tab in your inventory, it will probably be labeled "object" or something snarky if it somehow attached itself to you.

Bree's suggestion will probably get it though!

14 hours ago, Sally Hurricane said:

A griefer has attached floating text to my avi

very unlikely

Agreed, they can send out objects to follow you but that has limits, if its attached to you then you had to attach it. Either by mistake or accepting something then wearing it.

23 hours ago, Sally Hurricane said:

A griefer has attached floating text to my avi, yet it isn't appearing in my worn items, nor is it appearing when i highlight all transparency. 

I had a friend who had a HUD that used to throw the word "Noob" all around me ... until I teleported to a different location.  Still makes me larf :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I had a friend who had a HUD that used to throw the word "Noob" all around me ... until I teleported to a different location.  Still makes me larf :D 

I wonder if it allowed for different words/phrases.  Though I am long past the "torment a Noob" point, I could have such fun with a few of my friends.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wonder if it allowed for different words/phrases.  Though I am long past the "torment a Noob" point, I could have such fun with a few of my friends.

I don't think it was modifiable, but for sure you could have funny fun with friends (one person's griefer tool is another person's fun toy); I still laugh when I think about this device (it was a spell HUD I believe) that my friend had, with all the options - and I was always the easy target :SwingingFriends:

• Like 1