Mesh transparent when textured

Hyaeyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been working on a mesh head for a while now and it was hard but now i thought i was finally done i encountered issues when i tried texturing the head. Basically you can see the neck through the head (and the inside of the lips and nose) And when i wear hair the head goes transparent on the parts where there are trands of hair. I'm super confused and don't really know how to fix this. Just hoping i don't have to make the head all over again. Thanks in advance for the help ! I'm using Blender. Firefox viewer

fail2.png

fail1.png

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yes, it does seem odd that your very first object is a mesh head. 

:D. Yes there is a very easy way to fix that. But I am going to smile along with Pamela since it is very unlikely you could have made that mesh head and not know how to fix your current issue or even exactly what the issue is. 

You didn't tell us what program you USED to make your head. There is in fact an apparent bug in Blender that "could" have caused this and isn't fixed in the newest version. It is very easy to work around and taking the extra steps needed in your workflow makes it not such a big deal. I do wish however it would get fixed :D.   

We could of course be wrong. If you put up a screenshot of your baking set up someone in whatever program you use can likely help. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.