Can I report a sim to LL for allowing sploder and cheating people

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went to a sim where a club had sploder on, it requires a certain number of people to add money in before it explodes after a few minutes, so less than the required number had contributed and the timer was not running, I asked on local chat what happens to the contributers money if the required number of people dont join in, the club host made some joke out of it followed by some rude comments from another person, both women, I said its not fair to the people who participated if their money is gone if no others platy, the host said in a foreign language with a bad translator if you havent participated its none of your business, after which they kicked me out of the sim.

Since they are doing something wrong will LL be interested in dealing with this, or are sploders ok, here they are keeping peoples money if the game dosent get the needed participants, I have expereinced this some years back where my money went because others didnt join to activate the machine.

Hmmm... some women dared to argue against you and they didn't even speak English? How shocking!

You better be prepared for some serious attacks here for such snide remarks about what is actually the majority of SL users.

But I'll try to give you a serious answer before the flaming starts:

This is very much a disagreement between users and Linden Lab is not going to get involved in that. What should happen to the money in a sploder if it doesn't fill up is rather interesting but as it is, the sploder's owner decides the rules and you play by them or you don't play at all.

That being said, I have a very strong feeling such sploders violate the rule against money games in SL and you could try to Abuse Report them for that if you want revenge.

Edit (after reading Callum's reply): If you actually choose to file an AR, you better not mention you played it yourself. Pretend you just happened to notice the sploder as you passed by the club. :P

• Like 1

Normally what happens is that the sploder sits there with your money until the next dance, assuming the owner is honest. Then those new people fill it, it runs it's routine and it pays out.

Back in the day it was common for me to be 2 or 3 days later and get a payment. A nice surprise.

bebejee wrote:

they kicked me out of the sim.

Since they are doing something wrong

Payback AR eh? An ethics question for you before you report them (because 'sploders are likely not legal), if you had of won, or seen someone win what would your course of action be? Would you have reported the 'sploder because they are often proscribed?

To answer your question though, the lab do care and will look. Their action will the most likely be to return the 'sploder to the owner. After they leave the owner will most likely rez it again.

The ramifications to you, when they do that may be further payback from the club. Always a risk when you payback.

It sounds to me like you are trying to do this out of revenge.  However, you can AR them IF you then feel they are in violation.  Sploders can be tricky as to if they violate the policy or not and no one here is qualified to advise you about any specific one.  You must read the gaming policies and other information in the Wiki and decide for yourself. 

To be effective, you will need to cite the specific thing they are violating and how specifically they are violating it. Submit objective proof including the location (region name and parcel name), date and time.  Assumptions, like your experience with other sploders years ago, and hearsay or just because you were treated rudely will be ignored.  They will check their logs to see what happened and compare it to what you submitted as proof.  

Whether LL acts or not is up to them and all they will send you is an email acknowledging they received the report, not what they do as a result or a reason why they do nothing if that's what they choose to do.

• Like 1

I did not participate.in the sploder

Have sent and AR since

Didnt know that the sploder can pay the participants even days later if they show up, she could have told me

Yes a bit of revenge, because they kicked me out of the sim for nothing and were unecessarily rude especially one of the guests there, I wasnt rude nor argued was just asking, i wasnt even at the club just standing next to it., was an open air type place.

you stood aside and started to give comments? .. well thats not very wise in clubs because griefers and harrassers start often like that.

If you also spoke in a language they normally don't use, your attitude can be taken as aggressive.

You say the host, who is the representative there made a joke of it... i really don't see it why you want to report.

The "' rude comment" came from two visitors... also no reason to report a sim.

The sim can rent out the place to a club... again no reason to report the sim...

Your comments were taken wrong, kindly meant or not, it didn't really arrive that way.

I think you overreact.

• Like 1

bebejee wrote:

I did not participate.in the sploder

Have sent and AR since

Didnt know that the sploder can pay the participants even days later if they show up, she could have told me

Yes a bit of revenge, because they kicked me out of the sim for nothing and were unecessarily rude especially one of the guests there, I wasnt rude nor argued was just asking, i wasnt even at the club just standing next to it., was an open air type place.

So you really didn't know if the sploder violated the gaming policy or not but decided to report them out of revenge. If people get at least all their money back that they put into a game to start it, then it's not in violation from what I understand.  Only if there is a possiblity they lose their money due to chance.

From your original post the host made a joke and had a bad translator and some women guests may have been rude to you  Would it have made a difference if they were men?  Why is that a reason to take revenge on a sim anyway?  The club had nothing to do with either as most translators are bad and they have no control over their guests.  There is nothing wrong with making a joke as hosts must try to keep things light.

I highly suspect there is a lot more to this story than you are telling. There usually is.  Most people that were banned from a sim are not banned for 'nothing'.  If you left off with the host telling you it wasn't your business since you didn't play you most likely would not have been banned.

• Like 1

bebejee wrote: i wasnt even at the club just standing next to it., was an open air type place.

I wasn't going to get involved in this thread, but then I saw that line and the automatic warning alarm went off indicating the presence of illegal quantities of weapons grade stupidity, in clear violation of the Intercontinetal Treaty for the Prevention of Self Rightious Asshats...

If the "rude foreign women" had the authority to eject you from the parcel/region then... you were on the club's land, not "just standing next to it".

LL's general attitude to ejection is "Their land... Their Rules... Not Our Problem..."

• Like 1

Not hiding a thing,  the whole chat from my side must have been just five sentences at the most, not one of them was offensive or rude

I was there for fish hunt and the place was right next to the spot where the fishing was on, to the one who called me an ass hat.

bebejee wrote:

I was there for fish hunt and the place was right next to the spot where the fishing was on, to the one who called me an ass hat.

So, you admit that you were standing on THEIR land, commenting on THEIR use of THEIR land, while you were there to take THEIR money, from THEIR fishhunt traffic generator, and you think that THEY are the ones at fault for speaking THEIR language on THEIR land, and objecting to your comments on THEIR activities on THEIR land and ejecting you from THEIR land using THEIR parcel powers...

That warning alarm you set off earlier in this thread? It's still ringing...

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hello there!

If you feel that you've encountered a violation of the Second Life Terms of Service, or the Skill Gaming Policy, please feel free to file an Abuse Report. It will then be reviewed by our Governance Team for possible violations. 

When completing the report, please provide as much detail as you can and include a screen shot if possible. If an account name is not available, please file the report as using the account name of "Governor Linden" and include an explanation in the details.

For more information on Abuse Reports, please read our Guide to Filing an Abuse Report in the Second Life Knowledge Base.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

If you have already filed an in-world Abuse Report, we thank you. For privacy reasons, we're not able to update you as to the result of the report once it's been actioned, but you will receive an email confirmation that the report has been received by our Governance team.

Since this is an issue between yourself and the indivuals you encountered on that region, I will be closing this thread as is it is not appropraite for discussion on the Forums.

You may review our Community Posting Guidelines here:

(http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines)  

Thank you,

Kristin Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.