"Unable to add new entry to block list because you reached the limit of 1000 entries"

Gehhenam Glom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried blocking people recently and I got that message, so I thought I would just unblock someone else, but that didn't worked. I unblocked dozens of people and still can't add anybody else. Is there any way to fix that? I wouldn't mind clearing my block list.

EDIT: Idk why, but I can't see the button to answer… I may be a bit more retarded than I thought. The thing is, I tried unblocking people and restarting, but didn't worked. I'll have to reinstall I guess.

10 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Gehhenam Glom said:

Still haven't found any answer… 

I, like others, am having a hard time understanding why you would need to block 1000 avatars. If you don't like people, wouldn't it be easier to add a security orb or make your land open only to whitelisted folks. 

And if you have to (for whatever reason) really be able to block all those people, then yes -- file a support ticket. I am wondering what the outcome would be since you must be in the .003% group on this :D.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I, like others, am having a hard time understanding why you would need to block 1000 avatars.

There was one guy on the JIRA with 10,005 (yes, TEN THOUSAND) avatar names on his block list.  Funnily enough his block list wasn't working.
I believe that case is what led to the current 1000 item limit for the block list  :D

Can't say I'm an expert here, I've only blocked a person once and that was temporary.

But I know some viewer settings require you to restart before they take effect even though there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. Did you try that?

• Like 1

By the way, the Answers forum (unlike the others) does not allow the originator of a question to post an answer.  By editing your original post, you did exactly the right thing.

And yeah, I would reconsider your criteria for blocking people.  1,000 names in your Block list says one of two things:  You are hanging out in the wrong places, or you are very easily offended.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 7:33 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

By the way, the Answers forum (unlike the others) does not allow the originator of a question to post an answer.  By editing your original post, you did exactly the right thing.

21 minutes ago, Gehhenam Glom said:

Still haven't found any answer… 

Apparently, the Answers section in the new forum software does now allow such.  Interesting.  I wonder if it will let you vote your own answer up.

ETA - Nope.  I went back to an Answers question that I had created and commented on.  It would only let me vote for other people's answers.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

On 1/12/2017 at 9:39 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Wow!  In the past ten years, I think I have blocked maybe a dozen people.  I didn't know there was a limit.  You may need to submit a support case (assuming that you are a Premium member, since you won't have access to that category as a Basic member).

1 hour ago, Gehhenam Glom said:

Thanks! Finally someone who didn't judge me and actually helped ^.^

I sorted the responses by date -- the very first one said to file a support case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.