AO for a guy.

Mog Munster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm not sure this is the appropriate area to ask this, but I am looking for a decent guy AO.

I haven't shopped in SL for about a millenia and can't really afford time to look around too much.

MOCAP and preferably nothing too macho.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a Vista man personally https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/9681 they have a nice range in price and any will stop the chicken walk and spaz stance.

Also I believe on here someone posted links to a free AO he was giving in thanks to all those that had given to the different Japan relief efforts. But I don't remember where..lol..sorry.

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

I second Oracul. They have so many animations, you can go nuts there! When a single, animated, smooth stand only cost 10L, you don't get broke either. You can get their freebie AO from the Marketplace, and then mix in some other animations. Assassin (male) is one of my favs there. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AX-002-Basically-Boy-AO/2064112

I've bought loads over time, but Vista beats the rest in my view. Urban Male (Relaxed) for an understated look. The stand transitions are smooth (this is sometimes lost when you mix and match) and the walks seem more natural than others too (although I confess to using one of the older Vista walks on account of the newer ones being a little overworked to my eye).

I gotta say, I'm a big fan of the newest casual male AO from SEmotion. It's not as cheap as some of the others mentioned, though quite a bit cheaper than vista full AOs. I'm not really big on all the arm flailing and jumping around that alot of creators seem to love to put out. As far as Oracul goes for me, I can't use the stands because they all seem to tweak my head and neck at funny angles.

Your best bet is to just jump around to some of the places mentioned and see what you like. Only you can pick the "best" AO for your avatar. :)

My AO is a Mix-N-Match as well, but the actual AO itself (not the animations it uses) is the one provided inside Phoenix. The animations are a crazy mix of walks, stands and other animations from all sorts of people .. including a walk and run I did myself.

But I have to say something that just bugs the living daylights outta me ...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people, when you decide you don't want a certain animation in your AO, do NOT just remove the animation and leave the Configuration untouched. From your side of the screen that may seem to "fix" the problem, but for those of us that Script and are a bit geeky, it FLOODS our screens with bright red "Unable to find animation ..." messages every time you're nearby.

When we go to a club or other gathering and there's a fair number of people there, sometimes the flood of those horrible error messages completely wipes out local chat. So then we turn OFF those messages, forget to turn them back on .. and accidentally ship a product with a HORRIBLE glaring bug because we didn't see the error message. *FACEPALM*

If you're not sure how to edit the Config, just ask someone or post a message in the Answers Forum here. I'm quite sure that with the wealth of smart folks around, you'll get some great advice on how to fix up your AO's configuration so it stops Debug Spamming local chat.

/me returns to his lab ... and oh yeah, turns Debug Messages BACK on .. 

Vista as mentioned is good but in looking at pre-loaded AO seems the I always like about 50% of what the selection is and hate the other 50%.  Your stance is so much a reflection of who you are that I like to load my own AO with individual poses.  It does take a bit longer but it is unique to my taste and personality

Of all the AO's I've tried, at least half the animations in them have been dissapointing. Conequetly, my AO is mix 'n' match.

Most of the animations in it comes from Vista, but there are a couple from other places - even some freebies I picked up as a newbie. My walk is from Vista. So smooth and natural. I can't see myself wanting a different one, actually. Rally happy with it. A couple of stands are from Vista, too. Can't remember what particular AO's any of them are from, though.

I don't really like stands like (most of) the ones from ORACULE. I find them a bit hyper. Pacing around. It's not for me. The movement of the animations is very natural, so if you like that kind of thing, you can't go wrong. Can't beat the price, either.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.