Have made purchases from SL Company, paid for the purchases (6), and can't get delivery

Rick Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On Augusst 9th I bought and paid for 6 Intan dances at DMC -DarkMoon Creations. They were not delivered. Went to DMC to get them and there is no means to do that so was directed on DarkMoon Lilliehook's profile to open a Help Ticket.. which I did later that day.  No response on the 9th.. Reopened it on the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and today the 14th. In the mean time have asked my (SL) Facebook friends for their experience with DMC and out of 10 responses....5 have LOST their purchases at DMC. That is 50% and I'm thinking is reflective of DarkMoon Lilliehook's modus oporundi! He just doesn't care to supply any customer service. 

As a member of the SL Community, I am governed by the Terms of Service. That provides that i do things in SL with integrity. What DarkMoon Lilliehook is doing amounts to "Robbing SL members of their paid for pleasures"! Does SL have any leverage with Mr. Lilliehook? How can we receive the dances we have paid for?

I've tried communicating with him in every way possible and only after exhausting what I'd consider normal channels of communication without response am I beginning to ask Linden Labs for help. Thank you in advance for your help!

Rickerr

9 answers to this question

Yes indeed, you are bound by the SL Terms of Service, the Community Guidelines (linked to in the ToS) and the Community Participation Guidelines, which are not mentioned in either of those other two documents. The CPG, which covers the Forums and Answers areas, says this...

Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary:
If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.

It's okay for you to state the facts of a situation here, but do refrain from wandering beyond that into speculative naming and shaming.

• Like 2

So, having exhausted all other forms of communication with the DMC - DarkMoon Creations, I am to simply forget (along with all the other complainers) that we have been dealt with unfairly? That is like giving a fox the keys to the Henhouse!

/Dear Rolig, Let's say you just spent $2500L on a gown, the seller doesn't deliver it, you do all you can to get delivery, write IMs, file Trouble Tickets with him and never hear a word from them... Tell me how you feel? As though you have been robbed? This seller is so arrogant he feels you are his to victimize and knows you (Linden) will do nothing to stop him or get him to fulfill his responsibilities. What you do by reciting bits and pieces from the TOS is a waste of your time and mine.. You are not problem solvers!

You say you are "beginning to ask Linden Lab for help"...but this forum isn't Linden Lab.  You're talking to other residents just like yourself, and we can only offer advice.

My advice is to file an Abuse Report.  Linden Lab will probably NOT do anything (Rolig has pointed out why, by quoting the Terms of Service.)  But if a merchant gets a large, consistent number of reports against them, LL may eventually step in and take action.

• Like 2

I'm sorry. I do understand how you feel. If you review the archives of this Answers area, you will find that others have asked about the same merchant. You asked about the Terms of Service, however, and I pointed you to the relevant part. You may submit an Abuse Report if you wish, but Linden Lab will generally not take action unless there is reason to believe that there has been a specific violation of the TOS. Linden Lab does not otherwise generally intervene in disputes between residents.

• Like 1

i fully agree with the other posts about the TOS

but also.... it's not the first time this merchant is mentioned this way on the forums and Q&A

it would not be wrong LL indeed takes some action in this to investigate the issue.

It's not because those animations are that cheap for most residents.....

• Like 1

Sadly this is the way SL shopping goes, sometimes. Too many gold diggers around that haven´t heard about customer service. Not only small companies tho.

LL won´t help you on that, maybe! if alot people file a complain against them, but don´t hold your breath on that.

I don´t understand why we cannot use names on the forums but that´s the rule.

Calm down and go on, stupid but only help to offer.

Monti

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.