stop defender

Stingaree Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

There are absolutely gorgeous and sexy system layer underwear available as a tattoo layer that allow you to still wear those deep-V plunge prim or mesh outfits. So if you get swiped by one of these perv's you're covered.

If course if you have a mesh avatar this is not an option for you. :(

• Like 1

Hi Stingaree,

Whirly and Alwin and KarenMichelle have given you technical solutions to your problem. I'm going to give a bit of personal advice.

Don't care about it. I know that can be hard to do, but your avatar is not you, and most of us have been seen naked here, either accidentally or intentionally.

I sometimes undress people with my eyes in RL (well, I don't really undress them so much as dress them differently, sometimes in parkas) and I doubt I'm the only one. So, slip on an alpha layer or camo undies in SL and a "I don't give a damn" layer in RL.

;-).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2016 at 12:39 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

not much more than stay out of his range... mute/block/ban

or wear alpha's... nothing to see

report...

I wish firestorm did not have this option and SL would remove it as my boyfriend likes to do that all the time and pisses me off!!  However, singularity does not have this option. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......tell firestorm or sl to remove this option from avatars, which i know they can because in singularity, it does not have this option.

Edited by Kacie Zapedzki
  • Confused 4

59 minutes ago, Kacie Zapedzki said:

I wish firestorm did not have this option and SL would remove it as my boyfriend likes to do that all the time and pisses me off!!  However, singularity does not have this option. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......tell firestorm or sl to remove this option from avatars, which i know they can because in singularity, it does not have this option.

The thread is almost 2 yrs old.

Honestly, someone seeing naked pixels shouldn't really bother you.  You likely have no clue as to how many people see you naked while their viewer is working to render all of your clothing.

However, if this truly bothers you so much, you can wear panties and either a bra or pasties on the tattoo layer (either the system tattoo layer if you have a classic body or the tattoo layer of your mesh body).  Then even if he derenders your clothing, he is not actually seeing a nude avatar body.  Note that he could still see you naked during those times when he first sees you and you are still rendering to him - because sometimes that rendering happens slowly in pieces.

Side note - if it is simply the fact that he tries to see you naked, knowing you don't like it, then you should ditch him because he obviously has no respect for your feelings.

• Like 6

SL is ALL ABOUT the perv cam... deal with it. SL peeps are not going to change.

I came into SL in 2008. There was a point where the Lindens did try to deal with the initial nude while rendering problem. It seemed like a THING at the time. Nudes in PG regions was a big deal. They reduced the problem. But, with the introduction of mesh bodies and clothes that progress has been undone.

In many places women render nude and remain nude for several minutes before their clothes snape into place. I've seen some I thought were nude because it took way long for their clothes to render.

I doubt there will ever be a fix. It is pretty much a state-of-the-art technical problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.