Bay City

Blondin Linden

Winter Parade of Lights

...and skate party w DJ GoSpeed Racer at the Bay City Fairgrounds. Bring your boat decked out in its finest for a light parade around the bay..  then come skate at the fairgrounds for some great holiday fun! The light parade is to start at December 22 6:30 PM SLT followed by the party at 7-9 PM SLT. Great fun! free skates!! Come one Come all! It's officially a party!!! Happy Solstice everyone :D

winter_003.jpg

Bay City Fairgrounds

Should old (and new) acquaintances race their cars and leave the others behind? And surely meet at a pit stop though the win no doubt be mine. We'll surely share a winners cup for old Rumble Times.

It's the Bay City Rumble!!! We're racing Cars!

Come one... come all...it's as always... Unofficial! Let's RUMBLE!!! Thursday, December 29th 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Truro Rez zone.

drive

I'm stepping through the door... And I'm floating in a most peculiar way And the stars look very different today Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do ooooooo... wait, what? Pause. I can race.....in the BAY CITY RUMBLE!!

We're racing Aircraft!

Come one... come all...it's as always... Unofficial! Let's RUMBLE!!! Thursday, January 5th 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Hau Koda Airport.

space-race1.jpg

At Tuesday's Bay City Alliance meeting, we decided to start off the New Year with something a little bit different. Introducing a Taste of Bay City - a casual social event to be held 1-4 times per month where you are the guest one week, and a host the next! Swing by for a low-key evening to catch up with old friends and make some new ones, network, chill to music perhaps, or share a laugh over dinner and drinks.

Being a host means that you have a place within Bay City for guests to gather. Invitations will be sent out as group notices to the Bay City Alliance group, since everyone is welcome. The host chooses a few possible dates/times that work for them, and can then provide a voting link (e.g. with www.doodle.com -no account registration required) or manually collect RSVPs and see which date and time works best. Then a second notice goes out letting everyone know the finalized date, time, and location.

Can't attend a gathering? No worries. Maybe you can attend the next one. Low-key, low-pressure, informal and fun is the goal. Get to know not only your neighbours but all residents in our fantastic community!

I volunteered to be the first host, and I hope to hold a gathering within the next week or two. Just now I created a poll to see what date works best for everyone. You can go to this link below and checkmark your availability for next week: http://www.doodle.com/xhngiu8awivvnyys

If you have any questions or wish to be the next host contact Matthieu Manamiko.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

The first Taste of Bay City event will be taking place this Friday, January 13 at 6:00 PM. Come by if you can to say hi and get to know someone new, over a drink or two!

Location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay%20City%20-%20Edgartown/124/187/40

You can also get to my place by Water Trolley and car (parking is available).

If you have any questions or wish to be the next host contact Matthieu Manamiko.

Its a Snow A Go Go.

… and It's Wildcard week!

Snow snow get around we like the snow ...yeah... get around get around watch racers go! We like the snow... come watch snowmobiles go...  its a real cool town ... racing at the fairgrounds. We like the snow snow snow snow snow snow snow...did I mention snow?!?

We've a beautiful racecourse set up and free snowmobiles all courtesy AdudeNamedAnthony and his 2 Zoetic Motors by Primtastic Creations. Yay!    We'll get around :D

It's the Bay City Rumble!!! We're racing snowmobiles!

Come one... come all...it's as always... Unofficial! Let's RUMBLE!!! Thursday, January 19th7PMish SLT. Meet up at the Bay Cit Fairgrounds

snow1_002.jpg

snow1_005 (800x569).jpg

A Taste of Bay City!

A Taste of Bay City presents Melody Paperdoll Live at The Plaza Lounge piano bar. This performance will be the third in a series of events held in Bay City that treats everyone to the fabulous environment and wonderful citizens of the City by the Bay. The date and time is January 25, 2012 @ 6PM SLT.

Melody Paperdoll will be singing and tickling the ivories to all you favorite songs in the first ever live performance at this venue. Join us and see the performance as you dine, dance, drink or just people watch on the third floor of 1 Argos Plaza. Doors open at 6PM. Melody's performance starts at 6:30 and runs to 7:30. Requested attire for this performance ranges from casual and relaxed to formal or anything in between.

Ever Dreamscape will be your hostess. She is also the Editor of the Bay City Post. So if you're lucky, a good dancer and dress well, your picture may appear in next months issue the local newspaper. Great fun for all!

Thank you

Galileo Moleno

Bay City Argos 86, 41, 27 

• 2 weeks later...

Well blow me down!

It's the Bay City Rumble!!!

"I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." I'll sail in me boat as fast as I can. I'm strong to the finish when i eats me spinach i Popeye the sailor man! toot toot

We're racing Boats!

Come one... come all...it's as always... Unofficial! Let's RUMBLE!!! Thursday, February 16th 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Newport Yacht Sales and Marina.

raft_001 (800x470).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Said the fart to the tart you’ll get a head start if you have the heart to race go carts...is that old fart smart?!? :o Don’t dodge but dart...to the fairgrounds...It's the Bay City Rumble and its WILDCARD week! We're racing go-carts!!

We've a beautiful racecourse and bleachers set up, and free go-carts all courtesy AdudeNamedAnthony and his 2 Zoetic Motors by Primtastic Creations. Yay!     :D

Come one... come all...it's as always... Unofficial! Let's RUMBLE!!! Thursday, February 23rd 7PMish SLT. Meet up at the Bay City Fairgrounds

cart_001 (800x470).jpg

Hi there folks,

I have a question regarding Bay City. I recently moved my store from another mainland sim to Bay City. I did so before reading up on Bay City and finding out it is themed for the 1950s. My store is modern - like it was built in 2012, not the 1950s. It is located in Bay City Maddequet and is a promotional piece for brand identity design service (logos).

I chose Bay City because it is beautiful and seems to be of higher quality than some other areas. But, if my modern building is not welcome there I would like to know before I commit to purchase the land (I'm currently renting). If you know of a region similar to Bay City in terms of quality, land value, etc. with a more modern/industrial theme, please do share.

Just a noob here trying to make sure I am fitting into the right area. Thanks!

Kyle

Gee, I'd really hate to think you would feel "not welcome" in Bay City.  Nonetheless, you might find that Nova Albion is more diverse in terms of architectural period.  I don't know if that was the intent originally, but there are quite a few modern and futuristic builds there.  (Land tends to be pricier in NA than in BC; not sure if that would be a hurdle.)  Anyway, it may be worth a look, to see if it would better showcase your store.

I haven't been in-world to see whether this is even a real consideration at all, for this build.  I mean, there were some very "modern" RL buildings in US cities during the 1950s, scattered among the already-retro Art Deco structures that represent BC's bread-and-butter aesthetic.

Knock knock knock... who is it? Lars. Who? Lars. Lars not here.

No its me I'M Lars let me in. Lars??!! Yeah. Lars not here.

Knock knock knock knock... who is it? Lars. Who? Lars....and we're racing cars!

It's the Bay City Rumble!!!

Tonight!!!

Come one... come all...it's as always... Unofficial! Let's RUMBLE!!! Thursday, March 1st 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Truro Rez Zone.

hair_010 (800x470).jpg

Thanks Qie. I did go ahead and try building on a space in NA. Glad I tried it, to realize the warm, inviting feel I get from Bay City that I immediately started to miss. Not to mention what seemed to be poorer server performance in the NA region, and the ridiculous asking price to purchase the land. Guess I'm staying in BC for now. :)

Kyle

It's a Party!!!

Taste of Bay City continues as we celebrate our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the Bay City Post! The Post staff is hosting a casual affair tomorrow Saturday March 3rd from 3 - 5PM SLT. There will be pizza, pop, and beer, as well as rooftop dancing to the DJ stylings of DJ GoSpeed Racer. Come on out and join friends and neighbors...as we “Taste” Bay City!!!!

Bay City Post

post_002 (800x470).jpg

74Theo74 wrote:

I'am negotiating with various sellers about buying in Bay city...in the meantime i think i would like to rent a 1024sqm parcel...does anybody know if people in sl advertise inworld there rental lands?

While we do have rental boards there, they're worefully underutilized. I would suggest contacting Roc Plutonoum or Strider Sarco for rentals, though I'm sure there are others with openings right now.

kylelock wrote:

Hi there folks,

I have a question regarding Bay City. I recently moved my store from another mainland sim to Bay City. I did so before reading up on Bay City and finding out it is themed for the 1950s. My store is modern - like it was built in 2012, not the 1950s. It is located in Bay City Maddequet and is a promotional piece for brand identity design service (logos).

I chose Bay City because it is beautiful and seems to be of higher quality than some other areas. But, if my modern building is not welcome there I would like to know before I commit to purchase the land (I'm currently renting). If you know of a region similar to Bay City in terms of quality, land value, etc. with a more modern/industrial theme, please do share.

Just a noob here trying to make sure I am fitting into the right area. Thanks!

Kyle

The Bay City "theme" is "the American urban experience, between 1940 and 1965, perhaps best typified by Chicago circa 1950 and marked by a distinct deco influence" -- and while we really like it when folks build to theme, it's not always possible. Really, the key IMO, is to build for a city rather than rural) and you'll be fine. We're not going to come out and make sure your prims fall between WWII and the Vietnam War. :-)

(Was night to meet you at the "Taste" event the other day, too! Mine is on 3/14!)

Coming soon!

Fashion Week 2012 Poster.jpg

This April, Bay City is hoping to bring together the best of Second Life's ™ vintage mid-century fashion designers in one place, where they can wow us with the designs that best typify Bay City's theme: the American urban experience, between 1940 and 1965, perhaps best typified by Chicago circa 1950 and marked by a distinct deco influence.

Established designers will be provided with a space in the Bay City Fairgrounds, in the North Channel region, from April 14-22 to present the best in mid-century modern fashions for all Second Life avatars. Runway space and other amenities will be provided to help them highlight their designs. There may also be a few other related events and goodies to announce as time goes on.

While designers are not required to do so, they are asked to consider this a prime spot to unveil new, mid-century designs, rather than only pull from existing stock. They are also encouraged, but by no means required, to consider providing a free or low cost item for visitors to the event that they may give out at their stall.

Bay City is a mainland community, developed by Linden Lab ™ and home to the Bay City Alliance. The Bay City Alliance was founded in 2008 to promote the Bay City regions of Second Life™ and provide a venue for Bay City Residents and other interested parties to socialize and network. It is now the largest Bay city group, and home to most Residents of Bay City.

For more information, contact Marianne McCann