whats the best sl download for windows 10

Emilylou4me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

Hi Emily,

The best depends on what you want. I recommend having two viewers on your machine, so you can more easily and quickly determine whether any issues you have (and you will have issues) are viewer related, or not.

It's probably a good idea to have the official SL viewer handy, as that's always going to be the most compatible and current. I think the most popular viewer is Firestorm, so you're going to find more people familiar with it. That might be important when you have a question (and you will have questions).

;-).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WildFlower29 said:

I have tried everything and it says cant download and I have windows 10 I have tried firestorm,catznip,sl viewer,and singularity and none of them will download

you don't give any usefull information about your system or message you get when downloading, so giving a answer is nearly impossible.

What's not understanding about my comment hmmmm I have windows 10 on my computer I go to the download page and download after it hits 100% it comes up can not download this viewer and that on the viewers weather it 64bit or 32bit I have listed in last comment 

It could possibly be your virus software?    

I would head over to the Singularity or Firestorm page (or any other viewer) and see if you can download and install either of those. 

If you can't download anything, it is a computer software issue, not necessarily Win10 and a ton of people have that now. I think the LInden viewer may have an automatic install with it after download?   Not my viewer but getting the error message at the END of the download leads me to believe that. So it could be that the error message isn't quite correct (certainly not a first time there) and that the issue is actually with the install.  Make sure your system conforms to the minimum needed.     Just having Win10 doesn't do it :D. 

And regarding viewers, Singularity has always been easier on the system and is good for older machines certainly. It doesn't DO near the things Firestorm can -- and FS is the hardest on systems because of that. The Linden viewer is somewhere in the middle. So it simply depends on what you need to do and what kind of computer set up you have. Happily we have choices.

Also, make sure you have plenty of free disk space and have write access to the folder you are saving the download to.

BTW, what browser are you using that gives this message?  IE? The Edge? Firefox? Chrome?

Oh, and what download page are you using?  Using an old link would more likely not even start a download process, tho.

Another thing, are you choosing to save the file or trying to run it from the web?  Save is universally a better option in my opinion.  Not just for SL.

Editing again ... can you use the snipping tool in Win 10 to get a screen shot of the error message?

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

Merhaba, SL oyununu windows 10 da oynayamıyorum, oyunda tüm nesneler titriyor, PC im bu özelliklere sahip; OMEN tarafından HP INTEL CORE İ7 7700 3,6 GHz 16 GB 2 TB + 256 GB 8 GB NVIDIA GTX1070 WIN10

Edited by nzhe

Old thread, BUT W/10 question: I recently tested both Firestorm & Singularity (2017) W/10 x64 viewers. The Singularity viewer is faster, uses a little less RAM (prolonged SL logins)  & uses less hard drive space.Some of you using W/10 Home x64 might want to sift through some of my other posted answers where I share info on how to speed up SL & W/10. Singularity Build 6915:

http://alpha.singularityviewer.org/alpha/

I have W/10 Home x64 on one pc  on my home network, so I can stay current on W/10 tech. 

"I Love Simplicity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.