Male Hair for a female avi

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love shopping for new hair and recently whilst trawling the marketplace I've seen a few male hairs that I love (the longer, just got out of bed ones), but wonder if they are made differently so wouldn't be usable on a female avi.

Can they be re-sized to fit a female (on the assumption that our lady heads might be a little smaller than mens) or would they look daft?

Thank you

Jaz xx

Hair is hair is hair.  There is no real difference between them.  As long as you can modify them or they come with resizing scripts (that you can then delete when you have finished resizing), buy whatever you fancy!  Nothing seems to stop men from buying women's hair when they want longer locks.

I found men's hair that are slightly longer with bangs on the forehead and the sides, will look good on a female avatar... think, Ryu from Street Fighter anime for example, without the obvious Elvis Presley's sideburns. Some may require you to use a hair base so it wouldn't look as if you are sprouting celeries from your head.

As for resizing, there would be as much as work to do on a male's head compared to a female's head. To me it has more to do with the shape of our avatar when we create/purchase it. Like everyone has said, as long as it allows you to mod it, you'll be fine.

YT Upsilon wrote:

Just make sure you have a "bald" base for your head

Is that true anymore? With skins without hair is a bald base necessary anymore or has it simply become a tool to shape eyebrows? Kinda the appendix of parts from the old system hair days.  Just curious...

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

WeeWillie Wylie wrote:

YT Upsilon wrote:

Just make sure you have a "bald" base for your head

Is that true anymore? With skins without hair is a bald base necessary anymore or has it simply become a tool to shape eyebrows? Kinda the appendix of parts from the old system hair days.  Just curious...

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

Skin and hair are two seperate things.  System hair behaves a lot like the system skirts; they are inaddition to and seperate from the main avatar.  However, hair is a basic body part along with shape, skin and eyes.  Unlike a skirt you must always have a system hair worn.  The "bald cap" as it is sometimes known is just a system hair that is pulled all the way in.  But yes, you still need to have these even with the modern hair and skins.  You can not just take off your system hair; you can only replace it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.