I have finally come to realize ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a certain mesh head for men, which has become very popular and common around SL. You can see male avatars wearing it often, and a lot of male bloggers use it to show in their fashion posts too. I won't post pictures or link to them, because I am sure you know which one I am talking about, and if you don't, go to a crowded place and it's the one most men are now wearing.

It seems to be a very popular look, but for some reason I think it looks ugly as hell, and today I finally realized why.

It looks like Justin Beiber.

You're welcome.

We may not be going to the same places, because the one I’m seeing more often is Niramyth’s “Enzo” (which definitely does NOT look like Bieber, lol); not nearly as often as the body, as most still choose to use their regular head, but enough of them do wear both, if only to save from the seams headache. As for the one I think you’re referring to, I do see it most often on bloggers, that is true, but I’m slightly perplexed about why so many men would choose to customize it into what you call the “Bieber look”… the product has been on the market enough that quite a few differentiating skins exist for it, many of them reasonably non-emo.

there are in fact 3 who you see everywhere. And its often not only a head but complete body.

Thank god the worst one is slowly pushed away by a less horrible one, but still.... if you seen one you seen all.

All the same muscles, same face, same...all....

the little details that are different don't hide the fact their all from same design.

Realize this is only starting in development, as far you still can speak about start after all the time it's inworld. Lot of people already trashed it. It's more limited than the LL standard avatars. with a few mesh additions these still look the best, and give best result in being unique.

And of course the price of some is totally insane ... and than nearly all your clothes are useless...

It is funny because there is always some who post that they never see mesh avatars out in SL, only in blogs, so mesh avatars is just a fad. And that it is no point in making content for men because it don't sell..

If the use of mesh bodies/meads is increasing there will be more diversity I hope? Because no one likes to be a clone. I just hope that Aeros will get out a mesh avatar....

Fitted mesh bodies for women are becoming more and more popular, with no end in sight yet. These bodies are so much more realistic & sexy-looking than the standard bodies. The male mesh bodies are pretty good, but lack choices. If the straight women and gay men in SL have any consumer power (and they do), there will have to be more mesh bodies soon for male avatars too. Anyone who cares about their guy having a sexy-looking body will want him to get a nice mesh one.

There are rumors that Belliza is working on a male mesh body.

As for the male mesh not being popular...I agree that the Tellaq and TMP, not so much. But interestingly, Niramyth has sold more than 10K and it's still in beta. However, the maker has been making mesh fantasy avis for a long time so he know mesh. He's also made the clothing completely compatible with Omega appliers and has made his mesh model available so that there is actually an even going on right now for Aesthetic compatible clothing.

The fact that he's sold over 10,000 bodies to date tells me that there is a huge market for men. Lapointe and Bastchild has started releasing Aesthetic compatible clothing as well. Hopefully, these numbers will bring out some more makers. I have heard rumors that Belleza and Slink are working on male mesh bodies now, so we shall see.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.